fiberglass Sub boxes

rshissler

I'm planing on making some fiberglass sub boxes in the near future. I was just wonderin witch type of fiberglass to use? i was lookin and i found the fiberglass matting stuff and then woven fiberglass sheets. Witch should i use??

your best bet is to use just a resin and fleece material for large boxes , but for intricate shapes with compound curves i would use grill cloth(its used for covering speaker grills) these work the best. i have made around 12 - 15 custom sub boxes and i like theses but i would recommend using the grill cloth the most, it is easyist to use and require the least amount of finishing work with bondo.

• 2 weeks later...
your best bet is to use just a resin and fleece material for large boxes , but for intricate shapes with compound curves i would use grill cloth(its used for covering speaker grills) these work the best. i have made around 12 - 15 custom sub boxes and i like theses but i would recommend using the grill cloth the most, it is easyist to use and require the least amount of finishing work with bondo.
so u are from pittsbrugh wanna make me a box? after i get all the stuff done to my car?