Buick Regal Factory woodgrain-delete option?

Brian P

There's a '88 Regal Custom coupe at my job for the last few days. Basic car, usual power options, but the attention grabber is there's not an inch of balsa wood in that whole interior! I thought "yeah someone painted it" I look closer, and the panels have literally the EXACT same type of "fake stainless steel" pattern that the '88-94 Cutlass Supreme and Lumina Euro/Z34's got. Not only that, but Buick and an outline is silkscreened in white. The car is silver with a grey interior. That overall combo is friggin Beautiful looking. Night and day difference. IT also has a Goodwrench 2.8 in there, and the factory MAF sensor is still in there, causing it to run shitty when cold and set codes (we diagnosed it) cross your fingers, cause I might ask if she's looking to get rid of it. The body is good and all, but it needs a dash pad, seats, headliner, and it seems like a beater. Drivers door handle broken. If it were mine I could make it real nice....

Are you sure that it wasn't that sticker shit that the person put on overtop the wood graining?? Because I have never seen a 1st gen regal Without woodraining from factory. IMO, the 88-90 woodgraining looks a lot better than the 92-94 woodgrain. It's not as shiney, and not as dark. Almost looks more realistic.

Are you sure that it wasn't that sticker shit that the person put on overtop the wood graining?? Because I have never seen a 1st gen regal Without woodraining from factory. IMO, the 88-90 woodgraining looks a lot better than the 92-94 woodgrain. It's not as shiney, and not as dark. Almost looks more realistic.

but it's still plastic :thumbsdown:

:leaving:

I was not a sticker. Not only was the dash not wood, but the pieces on the door panels, the power window switch panels! Were not wood! It was literally the exact pattern that GM has used on other dashes.

Guest BeausoleilRacing
Wow, that must be really, really rare!

They should have made that standard on the GS.

Weird that it found its way into a Custom!

My 1988 "GSX" had grey dash and door trim instead of woodgrain. A 1989 custom came in the junkyard that had it and I bought it all. The car didn't have power windows or anything so I had to carefully cut it up.

Yeah I think Buick sees having no woodgrain as being "basic" and the wood being the option, or "holier than thou". Yet I've looked at Customs with wood (burgundy or blue interiors though) the Custom at my job had medium gray interior. Must be a '88-89 thing also.

I don't feel the same way as Buick does! To me, fake wood looks cheaper and tackier than no wood at all. If I had a Buick, I would have painted that crap a nice metallic gunmetal already.

I don't even care for real wood interiors, but if it's supposed give a classy touch, at least use real wood!

so they give base luminas the woodgrain and euros and Z34s the brushed metal look

but they give base regals the brushed metal and higher end regals the woodgrain... wacky GM

my friend had a 93 (i think) gs with no woodgrain. as a matter of fact, i can think of at least 3 gs' that don't have any woodgrain. i don't believe i've ever been in one WITH woodgrain, not even in the junk yards

My GS has the woodgrain and I want it off. It looks too old folky for me. The brushed metal would look good on the dash but theres wood on the cupholders too and the metal prolly wouldn't look good there

My GS has the woodgrain and I want it off. It looks too old folky for me. The brushed metal would look good on the dash but theres wood on the cupholders too and the metal prolly wouldn't look good there
You have woodgrain on a 95? The 95-96's never had woodgrain (or brushed aluminum) stock. It's most likely an aftermarket add-on kit. You can easily remove that shit using a hair dryer to loosen up the adhesive...

I've never seen a regal without the wood grain. I think that it could look better than the wood. Mine has the wood dash, wood on the doors, and a wood pannel on each of the rear pannels.

Shit, I just realized that I have a pic of a regal without the wood. Tell Me is it looks like this Brian

217464_10_full.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's not factory! It's too bright, rather gaudy looking, has an aftermarket stereo, and a crooked Palm PDA where the factory radio used to be. :willynilly: