ALDL Scanning software

LukeZ34

For those of you who have the laptop and serial cable setup to read the ALDL stream of the ECM... What software are you using?

I used datamaster for a while, but wasn't to crazy about it, I could never get EfiLive to work since I didn't have the right ECM file.. Any suggestions?

Luke are you shitting me?!?!?!?! You didn't like DataMaster? Man, it's not gonna get alot better than that. I have the correct XML for the TGP, but I haven't been able to get it to work either. Of course once I got TTS to work, I didn't give a damn about EFILive, which I may end up using, but I to this day can't get it to work right. It never sees the ECM. Freescan won't work on the TGP. If you want to check out some runs lemme know, I've got them. Somewhere :oops: :lol:

It was the first and only program I had used, so I naturally assumed that there was a better program out there somewhere. :lol:

It worked for what I needed it to, but I need to reinstall it since I put Win98 on.

I haven't got my ALDL plug to work right for some reason. ..but I was using Free Scan. Then Datamaster on the beretta. I haven't used it on the TGP (doesn't run). I heard Diacom is the most compleat ALDL program for the TGP. But it does carry a hefty price. Its DOS based..so you'll have to use a OLD pre WinME PC.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring back this post but I've been looking into building my own cable? Do you guys have links to the schmatics that you used and know work? I built the 2 transistor model but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Let me know.

Tom