Supercharged

Carotop

I'm sure the motor could handle a tiny bit more boost, but the tranny (4T60-E) won't hold up to the extra torque. If what you want is brute power, then you should probably do a complete 98-99 L67 swap (with the complete motor, trans, and PCM.) If you go that route, plan on doing a ton of wiring, and having a set of custom axles made. The trans on the Series II L67's (4T65-E Heavy Duty) can more than handle any extra boost. And no, you can't easily drop in a 4T65-E HD into a 95 Regal. Your PCM won't control it, and you'd have to make custom axles if it did. There is, however, a company that sells upgraded 4T60-E's with Heavy Duty internals. Problem is, it costs $3500 :shock: !!! For that money, you'd be better off swapping in a late model L67 drivetrain...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carotop

• DiscoStudd

• sl3196

• Dannymik

I'm playing it safe with my car and only sticking with the stock setup. I know I won't be able to waste a GTP, but I'll at least be able to run with 'em. I'm sure I'd be able to take a 95 Riviera (I kept up with a supercharged 95 without a SC on my car, so with one it should be no problem blowing by a 95 Riv...)

I figure with the miles that are on my car's drivetrain, if the supercharger grenades the motor or tranny, I'm throwing in the towel and dropping in a late model L67 drivetrain.

Yea I'll prolly do the same thing if my engine blows. Where can I find what computer I am running and the 4 digit number on the chip where is that because I might do that chip soon and thats what the guy needs

I haven't read through all the post in case this has all ready been mentioned, but I have read that zzp is releasing a supercharger kit(I think its a E90) for the 3800N/A series 2 for about $1k. You could probably visit thee site if you want any info.http://www.zzperformance.com

and we have yet another person going the l67 route....

so what? If I had the time, money and knowhow I'd sure as hell do it (unless I decided to just get another car entirely..)

Well I mean theres nothin out there for any other engine then the L67. I mean there is a few things but you guys seem to have bad reps with most of these companies. I could go ahead and do a supercharger on my Series 1 but the most horse I could make is maybe 220 and risk blown my tranny or engine itself.

and we have yet another person going the l67 route....

Whoopty fucking doo. It's a damn good engine to swap in. The series 2 is alot better choice then the series one. Tons of aftermarket for the l67. IMO in the end the L67 will get the best results.

Ok is mine just a Series 1 NA or is there another Series 1 L67. And I'm prolly gonna go for a Series 2 anyway and is ZZP a good company?

N/A is not supercharged like my 3800(L36). Now the supercharged L67 comes in the GTP's and a few others. There are series 1,2,and 3 for these motors. ZZP is one of the best, if not the best for the L67.

So when did the series 1 come out? And I think mine is an L20 somethin or somethin like that I think. Yea so hopefully I get a job soon and find a cheap L67

I believe they came out mid 90's, maybe early 90's