Which Mufflers do you prefer?

PsychoX

Mufflers? What are those? :lol:

exactly! I've got no mufflers on my Z and it rumbles nice :D

sounds like ass when it's cold though, lol

I've got the factory cat. and resonator still in there...

Mufflers? What are those? :lol:

exactly! I've got no mufflers on my Z and it rumbles nice :D

sounds like ass when it's cold though, lol

I've got the factory cat. and resonator still in there...

the TGP has none and I love the sound.. I need to get it inspected at some point though, so I need to see if my dad still knows some people that can help me out with that... :?

Cutlass still has one but there's a rust hole in the pipe right before it :lol: sounds a lot better, but damn is it a ghetto improvement :lol:

from what i've absorbed during my ventures here...listening to various sound clips...etc.

Flowmasters = low rumble at idle, but raspy at high rpms

Magnaflows = raspy at idle/low rpms , but more agressive sounding at high rpms

I personally will go with what flows the best...i could give a shit less how the car sounds :lol:

from what i've absorbed during my ventures here...listening to various sound clips...etc.

Flowmasters = low rumble at idle, but raspy at higher rpms

Magnaflows = raspy at idle, but more agressive sounding at high rpms

I personally will go with what flows the best...i could give a shit less how the car sounds :lol:

tell me my exhaust sound clip is raspy :roll:

Flowmasters = low rumble at idle, but raspy at higher rpms

Magnaflows = raspy at idle, but more agressive sounding at high rpms

it's not like it will make a noticable difference performance wise

Between those 2...no prolly not

but i'd choose no mufflers at all

Are you guys running no mufflers with stock tubing? The car was near ear-piercing/crackling loud when i chopped the muffler off mine :lol:

:lol:

yeah, it's pretty loud, especially when it's cold, but, when it's warmed up, it's about the volume of the average fartcan... maybe a little more, unless you tromp on it... then it screams :D

at redline, though, the intake noise is still louder than the exhaust...

ive actually heard quite opposite. this is what i gather:

(of course it varies from engine to engine)

Mangaflows - deep smooth rumble idle, it is raspy when you rev it and downshift.

flowmasters - higher pitched rumble at idle, extremely raspy at any rpms.

it really depends on the design of the muffler. chambered are going to be raspy on smaller engines, striahgt through like borla or magnaflow sound pretty good on smaller engines.

Flows sound like that because they use multiple chambers which cause the tone to an extent echo. Aerochamer's use only one chamber. I think you'll all be impressed on how sweet it sounds. Surprised me.

flowmasters - higher pitched rumble at idle, extremely raspy at any rpms.

If that were true, do you really think Flowmaster would still be in business after so many years?

Maybe you're just referring to smaller engines, but I love how mine sounds. Yes, there is a small amount of rasp, but only around 2000-2400 RPM. Other than that I love the aggressive sound and the beafy rumble of the idle. I NEED to get a high quality sound clip......

It's a 40-series, non-Delta. Yeah I know what you mean about the crackle (I've always called it a "pop"), but it only does it after you let off the gas after revving it in Neutral. Not a big concern to me. Other than that it has a nice deep rumble, and only a little rasp around 2000ish. I far prefer the way mine sounds to the 60V6's with Magnaflos and other straight thru designs I've heard.

I would really like to see if a setup like yours would work on my car. A Flowmaster 80 with dual tips would be sweet!

well i got my magnaflows and high flow cat installed saturday morning and boy do they rumble. its not too loud inside the cabin, but it sounds really mean when i floor it. only thing is that the tips are the crappy stock ones so they rattle. kinda sounds ricey that way, but im gonna buy some good tips after my cam belt change.