i'm about to buy tires...looking for advice

Guest TurboSedan

I just put 4-245/50/16 Good/Year Eagle HP Ultra+ on my TGP and love them! They probably won't last long because they are so gummy, but they hold the road better than any tire I have ever owned. They were $150ea mounted balanced and full warranty.

The crosslace wheels came with 245/50s from GM... I think they'll look good. If you want good tires with a low price tag get Kumhos. The only downside is they are heavy and will slow you down :( My 245/40/18s weigh 30lbs each. :(

The BFG's g-Force T/As are very, very expensive. I actually wouldn't recommend them unless you really are going racing since they're practically a street-legal racing tire. If you're looking for a high performance tire go check out the Michelin Pilot series, their MXX3 series is equivalent to the g-Force T/A, while their Pilot XGT/Z4 series is like an all season high performance tire. By the way, since we bought up the subject, what is the widest size tire that can fit on a 1st generation W-Body? I have a '91 Regal GS with 16" rims dipped with BFG 225/60R-16s. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't any rim that fits a Chevy Lumina or Pontiac Grand Prix also fit a Olds Cutlass Supreme and a Buick Regal?

Guest Anonymous
Also, if anybody knows, besides the above mentioned cars what other cars have rims that will fit a w-body? Do late-model(98-2000) w-body rims fit early w-bodies(88-95)?

The bolt pattern would be the same but the offset is what's different.