B

Invasion1

on the "back" of the switch (faces the firewall) you'll see a chrome metal tiny hook. What you need to do to adjust is to put the coat hanger with the end bent like a hook and set it on the switch's hook. Now press down on the brake pedal, hold, and pull down on the hook, you'll hear some sort of click. Release the hook, release the pedal. DONT PULL THE PEDAL UP MANUALLY! you will hear clicking as the pedal rises up, this means the switch is adjusted. I only mentioned this may fix your problem because that's the exact symptoms of a mis-adjusted pedal (or someone previously pulled up on the pedal and the "play" over-adjusted it.

Also a trick I used is I use my shoulder to keep the pedal down while I pull the hook. You only need to have the pedal down 1/3- 1/2 at most for this to work.

I wonder if the older W's have a different switch than the 95's do. I had the same problem on the Regal, so I just grabbed the body of the switch and pushed it closer to the pedal (arm, whatever.) That was a couple of months ago, and the problem hasn't returned yet...

I wonder if the older W's have a different switch than the 95's do. I had the same problem on the Regal, so I just grabbed the body of the switch and pushed it closer to the pedal (arm, whatever.) That was a couple of months ago, and the problem hasn't returned yet...

'93 up is different (and much, much simpler!)

hopefully your pushrod into your master cylinder isn't the problem :?

you might have a blown secondary seal in the primary piston, which would cause the pedal to depress.

a good way to check this it to place your foot on the pedal.

turn the car on

you pedal should go to the floor and lift slightly.

if not, your master cylinder and brake booster needs to be checked.

umm no my original problem is fixed with the break lights and it was the switch that needed adjustment......

one question to anyone who may know.....

WTF is that switch with the hose connected to it............that the pedel depresses when the break is applied.....

i don't know what its for....... :oops:

you mean the pushrod? (part that goes from the pedal to the booster, through the fire wall)

that goes into the booster, making the vaccum that depresses the pistons (in the M/C)?

umm no my original problem is fixed with the break lights and it was the switch that needed adjustment......

one question to anyone who may know.....

WTF is that switch with the hose connected to it............that the pedel depresses when the break is applied.....

i don't know what its for....... :oops:

That would be the cruise control vacuum "dump" valve, so I call it. It's a failsafe way to kill the cruise control upon braking (along with the brake switch input, which shuts the cruise off and KEEPS it off). Grey with a green pintle that touches the pedal arm, right?