rim job ...

cryptnix

ok, seriously if you're going to knock it then ... post another rim so I can knock you. because saying that it isn't worth it is just a waste of your typing ... so help me out on making a bloody choice. :x

Only wheels I really care for are the ones I have:

CSA Gladiator

AE 077's

I've also seen others that aren't too bad looking like MAS/Voxx MGR's. I like BMW parallel wheels somewhat too, although I don't think there's a fitment for W-bodies.

there was a guy on this board with the konig wheels I mentioned and a lowered car. a cutlass, and I think it was the same color roughly as yours cryptnix.

Anyone want to help me out, remember the name.....(92-97 green cutlass coupe, hasn't posted in a really long time,)

yeah, btw, 5speedZ34 you should come to the meet in October ... :-)

but anyway ... i'm really doing this shit for my girlfriend. she looks at the rims for just the rims not the appearence that its going to give the car. I don't want that type of look. I want the rims to compliment the car, as well with whatever else is on it.

So far its tinted with "Rice" stickers calling praise to JL and my website ...

other then that ya'll are real nice people ya hear? get me some more ideas ...

i really love the 077's ...

Is it chrome that goes to shit faster then polished? Tell me because I can and will pick up these 077's like right now ... I love them that much ... to bad at the Holland meet that guy with the 077's wouldn't allow me to test them out.

... eek no biggy though

As long as you take care of the rims (chromed or polished) they will last.

that being said, I wouldn't roll on chrome rims in the Michigan winters.....keep your 5 spokes around for winter time...

Is it chrome that goes to shit faster then polished? Tell me because I can and will pick up these 077's like right now ... I love them that much ... to bad at the Holland meet that guy with the 077's wouldn't allow me to test them out.

Polished goes to shit faster. They tarnish and dull fairly quickly and easily. They are high maintennance to keep shiny. Chrome keeps its deep finish better and cleans easier. It also looks a lot better to begin with. BUT chrome also costs nearly double. BUT when chrome goes bad, the chrome plating itself peels off. This is more likely to happen on cheap wheels - and hate to say it, but AE 077's are a prime example of cheap. I don't know if peeling is a big problem with AE wheels or not. But consider that when a polished wheel gets dull and oxidized, you can restore its finish with some aluminum polish and a lot of elbow grease. To fix a chrome wheel requires it to be re-plated which costs about $200 per wheel.

I went with the chrome, but I just like the look better. To me, it was worth the higher price and high cost to refinish (if necessary). Polished is close, but it's no chrome.