Hey redturbo.....

luminator94

How's that Christini's junkyard up your way? I hear its a pretty good size, I plan on making a trip up their sometime soon to poke around and see what I can find, should only take me bout 45 mins to get there from my place. Let me know how good that place is, if you've ever been there. Thanks.

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

I have only been there once or twice. Normally their prices are too high for me. why don't you call them and see if they have what you need before wasting a trip?

1-800-672-7160

Here is an example of their prices... A month ago I called around getting prices on a 3100 SFI for my Cutty. I got prices of $475-$550 from everyone but them. They want almost $900 for one with over 100,000 miles on it. I can get one with 60,000 for $475.

Wow! Did they offer any lubricant? I'll bet they didn't even give you a towel afterwards...

I sometimes wonder what these people are thinking when they price their stuff. I used to work at a yard, so I know how it works and I still don't understand when places have prices like that.

Oh, and hows Britney doing these days?

:lol:

Jason

Guest Anonymous

When I had my first Grand Prix and my first door handle broke on me I called them. It was the closest to me at the time. They wanted $60 for a used door handle. I drove an extra 5 min. the other direction and got a new one for $35. And I just bought another new one for the TGP at another j/y for $35.

Hey luminator, there are 4 other j/y's around here that are cheaper than Cristini's if your interested.

BTW, Brittany is doing fine...

for being tied up in my shed with no heat. :lol: Fu*cking women.

Well, screw that place then. Maybe one of these days we could meet up er somethin and you could show me all the J/Y's around your area, we only have 2 around here. Maybe you could let me drive the TGP?? Or at least let me sit behind the wheel?? :lol: Or we could just trade for a day, my GTP for your TGP!

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I would let you drive it. You'd have to get past my girlfriend though. But I'm sure I could take care of that. What are you doing tomorrow? I'll be home all alone... with the TGP.

I'm working tomorrow, lol. Then I'm off for 2 weeks for Xmas. It would have to be a nice day though, the GTP hasn't seen salt yet, I wanna keep it that way, try to anyways. What I'm basically trying to find is a cheap set of the stock 5 spoke rims for the Cutty. It ended up with Buick Regal GS wheels somehow and looks ugly as hell, and possibly a new center console lid.

Aaron

Yeah, I think you mentioned that before.....sorry I never got back to you on that. I'm just trying to get the best price, after xmas, my ass will be bought damn near broke :cry:

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

Just so you know, you don't have to bring the GTP to drive my car. You can wait until spring gets here to bring it up. If you want to go to j/y's it will have to be a weekday cause they all close around noon up here on Saturdays. :(

Well, I work on the weekdays from 4:15p.m. til 2:45a.m. But I have Friday's off, so maybe we could shot for a Friday sometime. I suppose I could bring the Cutty up. I haven't done much with my 94 GP lately, it just sits around, I might end up selling it sometime in the spring, knock some money off my insurance.

Aaron

LOL, I'll take a long ride in your TGP. While your doing an engine transplant, I'll be ripping your Turbo engine out! :twisted: The GTP is DEFINANTELY staying in the garage now! :lol:

Aaron

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Have fun trying to get my motor out after I weld it to the frame. :shock: As for the GTP, I wouldn't have a use for the motor. Oh that's right, I know where there's a Fiero that needs a motor.

You better bring the GTP so I can't pull the motor out of the Cutty! :twisted:

BTW, the old lady says she'll have to hurt you if you touch her turbo motor.

Guest Anonymous

Do you have any programs on it to record sound files? If you don't would you be willing to put one on that I have to make some sound files of my car when you come down? The program came with my SONY digital camera so it shouldn't cause any problems. Then you could just uninstall it when we're done. I would be willing to compensate you for your time and the use of your laptop.

Sure, you can do that, I don't mind. You don't have to compensate me for my time or the use of my laptop, I just want a spin in the TGP, BY MYSELF! :twisted: I'll have to look on the laptop to see if I have any programs like that, I'm on the desktop right now, but I'll let you know. :D

Aaron