Blow Off Valve Location?

tgpguy21

Where are you guys putting your blow off valves at? Ive been hearing alot of different stories lately and need to know what the easiest place to put one is. thanks for any help guys!!!

Guest TurboSedan

i've always heard that the lower IC pipe is better, which makes sense to me - vent the pressure closer to the source. fwiw, the BOV will be louder on the lower pipe.

Guest TurboSedan
I think I'm just going to use a bypass valve.......I want this thing to not stick out and for people to not know its a turbo car.

are you going to route the air back to the air box (or intake pipe if using a cone filter)? my brother is using a TurboXS RFL and that thing is just a little toooooo obnoxious for me, but i like my 1g DSM BOV :)

Hm I got it close to the turbo. Actually the BOV blows on the turbo thereby giving me some extra cooling. Bad news is that you need to take out the cruise control.

1.jpg

Adam S.

P.S. sorry if the picture is too big, I'm still a virgin at this picture hosting thing.

extra cooling eh........ :lol:

thats a intresting way of cooling...

Hm don't know if this is sarcasm or what, but have you seen a Vortech BOV yet? My experience is with the Vortech and the Daytona BOV. The exhaust port is very different. Look at it and you'll see what I mean .

Adam S.

The throttle body thing is what ive been hearing too but i wasnt really sure who to believe. I guess when i go to mount mine ill just put it on the lower ic pipe. What kind of blowoff valves are you guys using and how much did you pay for them?

OMG!! That second link....that's the town I live in!! No shipping, and he's got the brand new gasket with it. The only reason I've been putting off buying one of those is because they've gotten well over $30 every time I've seen them, plus shipping. I'm definitely going to be eyeing up this one! Muuuahahahahaha! :twisted:

Guest TurboSedan

i got my 1g DSM BOV for $5 from a local salvage yard (i don't think they knew what it was). i would probably mount the BOV wherever it's easiest...upper or lower IC pipe it probably doesn't really matter much. just try to make the vacuum line as short as possible between the BOV and intake.