AC mounting on block differences in grand prix

mycarsucks

this is a follow up to a previous thread where I burned up a rod bearing In my gp. I have decided to get a used motor as it is cheaper than a new crank, set of bearings and a rod. ON car-part.com it shows two options of the 3.1, one with AC mounting on block drilled and tapped, and one not. how do I know if my car is one or the other. My car has AC from factory don't know if that makes a difference..

Also its a 95 gp not a 94, I thought it was a 94 bc it said it on the inside of the door but owners manual says 95

Edited by mycarsucks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 10:23 AM, mycarsucks said:

this is a follow up to a previous thread where I burned up a rod bearing In my gp. I have decided to get a used motor as it is cheaper than a new crank, set of bearings and a rod. ON car-part.com it shows two options of the 3.1, one with AC mounting on block drilled and tapped, and one not. how do I know if my car is one or the other. My car has AC from factory don't know if that makes a difference..

Also its a 95 gp not a 94, I thought it was a 94 bc it said it on the inside of the door but owners manual says 95

Yup, like what Schurkey is saying, go off the VIN.  The door jamb tag is the build date and won't always coincide with the model year thru the VIN info.