Buick Regal LS Swap

Swanny

I have a 2001 Buick Regal LS and I was wondering how much modification to the car it would take to put the front subframe and engine of the 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS with the 5.3 LS into the Buick. I would not be using any of the AWD or RWD versions of the car only the FWD car. Another question about it would be is how hard is it to find the Impala SS cars, and could I use a different LS powered FWD car for this project like the Monte Carlo variant. Another question is how much taller is the LS engine to the normal naturaly aspirated 3800 series engine. I want to make this car into esentally the ultimate sleeper so no exterior modifications would be allowed.

Its enough work that you may as well just buy an LS4 car and call it a day. Unless you have access to the entire parts car its probably not worth the cost and trouble. And even then with the 4t65e they bolted to the LS4 its not a matter of if but when it gets demolished and needs a rebuild.

I do have access to a couple wrecked impalas I just haven't ever gotten a good look at them to know if they'd be a direct bolt up or not. Another thing is I don't know how much work it would be. In my mind if im correct in assuming that they are the same bolt pattern from the subframe to car then it shouldn't be to much more work than a regular subframe swap, right? maybe a bit extra wiring and exhaust work but whatever.