2005 Grand Prix GT

Duck

On 1/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, Duck said:

Battery save light came on put new battery in check alternator and it’s got 14.8 volts but still comes on. And now my heat gauge stopped working too sure appreciate any help thanks

14.8 volts seems a little high. Usually around 14.2-14.4 volts. You can get a Bluetooth dongle for super cheap(ELM327) that’ll plug into your OBD2 port that will give real time data on what the engine is doing, much better than an expensive scan tool. Just need a an app to connect on your phone. Is the check engine light on? I’ve never seen a battery save light before so not sure what to say there.  Sounds like you have an electrical gremlin. 

Edited by GTP091

Is this electrical system new enough that you have to tell it when you install a new battery--the charging parameters vary depending on the computer's projection of how the battery wears-out over time?  And the charging system goes on coffee-break when it can, to "improve fuel economy".

I don't know when gm started that crap.

Edited by Schurkey

Duck, you should really just update one thread related to repairing your car because it's very likely that a lot of what you posted already could be helpful in diagnosing things. I see that you had a no start issue to begin with, have posted about having the battery removed from the car for a week, etc. Now with that said:  Was the battery save light always on when you got the car running or is this a new issue?