Door Panel Trim

pwmin

Does anyone have a solution for the plastic trim on top of the door panel that likes to crack and break?  I wouldn't think finding a u-shaped piece of plastic that would be compatible would be so hard.  I've put it back on before with super weatherstrip adhesive, but the piece is entirely gone on my driver door panel. 

8 hours ago, pwmin said:

Does anyone have a solution for the plastic trim on top of the door panel that likes to crack and break?  I wouldn't think finding a u-shaped piece of plastic that would be compatible would be so hard.  I've put it back on before with super weatherstrip adhesive, but the piece is entirely gone on my driver door panel. 

I've thought about using a  GMT 800 door panel trim piece. It has a very similar shape to the 2nd gen GP. I bet it could be cut to fit and then glued on. That trim piece in those trucks is not as brittle as the ones in the 2nd gens. 

I need to replace the one in my 2000 GTP. It has a crack in it, and I just glued it back on to fix it temporarily. 

Can't find just that piece on LMC for NBS or OBS, which might work, too.  Guess I could try at the u-pull-n-pay when I get back there.  Lots of door panels laying around there.