UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
06goat75

LQ1 common oil leak areas

06goat75

I know this has been discussed multiple times, but my google search skills are failing, not to mention the posts I do find are quite outdated (pictures missing).

I've read there are two common oil leak areas.  One being the distributor plug o ring, the other being the rectangle block next to it.  I don't know what that thing is called, nor do I know what to get to fix it.  

Is this accurate?  How do I do some preventive maintenance on it to prevent that rectangle block from leaking?

Picture for reference.

Yf5sp61.jpg?1

Edited by 06goat75

55trucker

That alloy cover in the middle of the valley is the Oil Distribution Cover. Within that assembly is a passage & check valve that opens & closes under different pressure situations. It's purpose is to  (when engine running/open) supply a route for oil pressure to the heads, when engine off/closed it prevents the engine oil in the heads from draining back down into the block/oilpan.

There is a gasket beneath it.

Edited by 55trucker

06goat75
On 1/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, 55trucker said:

That alloy cover in the middle of the valley is the Oil Distribution Cover. Within that assembly is a passage & check valve that opens & closes under different pressure situations. It's purpose is to  (when engine running/open) supply a route for oil pressure to the heads, when engine off/closed it prevents the engine oil in the heads from draining back down into the block/oilpan.

There is a gasket beneath it.

Thanks.  Found the part number searching the forum, and ordered one online.  Hopefully be here next week, and have the rest of the stuff coming, should have it back together next weekend.