Gen 2 subframe and front suspension swap into 1.5 gen

Jim_rockford_007

OK kiddies, like the title says, is it possible to use the entire front sub frame and suspension in to a 1.5  lumina?  I measured the front upper strut mounting bolts and it looks like the pattern is the same.

• Like 1

Just looks like a beefier setup , other than the luminas have the dual piston calipers..Never mind about this question, Now that i have driven the gtp I was going to going to use parts off of and use the drivetrain for my swap into my lumina .. Im kinda falling  for the old girl. Drive noce and i can tell the car was somewhet maintained most of its life. its kinda hard to scrap it . 

83358049_171976824048781_987654225368449024_n.jpg

yep after running the rpo codes and realizing this car isnt anything other than a gadgets crammed into a base model grand prix, with FE1 suspention its very inferior to my F41 lumina .  my lumina has dual piston front brakes and rear disc ,, and much stiffer springs and larger swaybars . Ill be putting the best parts of this car on to mine, the engine and trans..lol maybe the wheels, I have to get a shin spacer, the inside of the rims just barely rub on the outside of my front calipers. 

Edited by Jim_rockford_007

I Thought all GTPs came with sports suspension. Is it still called FE3 on 2nd gen Ws?

Edit: checked the RPO codes on my grand prix, turns out mine also has FE1. I'm a little surprised, since the rear sway bar in that car is a lot beefier than the one my FE3 '96 Grand Prix had before the swap, looks to be the same size as the Monte Carlo bar I used.

Edited by Amanita

Incase anyone searches and wants the answer to this....

Yes it possible to bolt a 2nd gen subframe to the 1st gen. However there is some Modification needed to the front mounting bolts and some spacers needed to lower the subframe height.

Miko k did the swap into his old 96 cutlass. He detailed it in his thread in the members ride section.

• Like 2