jiggity76 comes through once again!

1 of 996

My car has been missing this piece for as long as I and the guy before me have owned it.

But today I got a "care package" in the mail from jiggity76 and inside was the moulding I have been missing and it is in WHITE.

With about 20 minutes of my time disassembling and polishing, it's as close to NOS as a used piece is going to get.

Now, a missing key piece to the car is in place.......

DSCN3044_zps3r7ojxcw.jpg

DSCN3045_zpsg0u1m5rc.jpg

DSCN3046_zpsvwby1aub.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah, unfortunately the flash went off so the picture isn't the greatest but trust me, it looks great on there.

After all these years, no more exposed holes in the quarter panel.

THANKS MAN!

5 hours ago, 1 of 996 said:

Yeah, unfortunately the flash went off so the picture isn't the greatest but trust me, it looks great on there.

After all these years, no more exposed holes in the quarter panel.

THANKS MAN!

What's the best way or method to clean these trim pieces?  I'm sure I need to do mine at some point.

Disassemble

Clean with a tooth brush and good cleaner (I use a really good commercial glass cleaner)

Polish with a good polishing (not rubbing) compound (I use 3M Perfect-It products)

Brush touch if necessary

Wax

Reassemble and install

An FYI: I have found that the ones with a angle to them (very front and very rear) tend to be difficult to remove the stainless strip and even harder to reinstall.  What I do is to grind about 1/32" - 1/16" off the pointed end as well as file the edges smooth.  The trim goes in like butter then.