UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
White92Cutlass

Car Hesitating/Dying

White92Cutlass

Shop says computer so I replaced it and it's not fixed. Where do I go from here?

55trucker

Forget the shop recommendations, personally I feel they are not taking the time to properly diagnose the issue.

Going on just what Info you've supplied & nothing more I'm leaning to an error where the signal back to the ECM from either/both the CTS/ECT sensor & the IAT sensor is concerned.

When the engine is cold the fuel system is running off the default tables programmed into the ECM,  sensors made use of when cold are the CPS (crank position sensor), CTS/ECT (engine coolant temp sensor), IAT (intake air temp) & the MAP sensor.

If the IAT & the CTS signals are out of range with respect to what the ECM is expecting to see the engine will stall. If the MAP is questionable the ECM will not be receiving the accurate info where barometric pressure is concerned to adjust the fuel injector pulse width & engine timing.