1A Auto parts?

Brodizzle83

Has anyone bought parts for their car from 1A Auto? I'm thinking of getting g a set of their front wheel bearings and front/rear struts for my '96 Grand Prix. c523b59ba568f7444c63c42e246e6e46.jpg4d0c605450982a699b146a6dcc00e6d4.jpg735f4e53358c80910abe9caf8bbdfe70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would opt to get wheel bearings elsewhere from an actual known brand personally. You can get Moog, Timken, or SKF from Rockauto for around $50ish each. They currently have some Moog's that are on closeout from some location for $36.XX a piece with a 30 day warranty.  Even though Moog has went to offshore manufacturing years ago, the wheel bearings still seem to be solid quality from what I've seen so far. I have one on a personal vehicle that's been right around 30,000 miles in the last two years for what it's worth.

If your bearings aren't actually bad, I woudn't be changing them just to change them. It's not uncommon for wheel bearings to outlive the car on 1st Gens. Between two w-bodies with about 500,000 miles combined, I've only had to swap out one of the original wheel bearings so far.

• Like 1

Watch Rockauto for close-outs on the struts.  KYB is preferred around here.  

Lots of nice videos of routine W-Body repairs from 1AAuto's youtube channel.  They've helped me out immensely.