UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crazyd

'92 3.4 DOHC (LQ1) engine mounts w/5-speed - solid/hydraulic, OEM/aftermarket

I'm digging into the mounts on my car over the weekend because lately they feel like they might be getting a little long in the tooth, or maybe I finally broke one.  Anyway, if I have to replace them, does anyone know the OEM part numbers for the front/rear mounts, and does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket ones wrt solid rubber vs. hydraulic?  Ideally I'd want OEM hydraulic but it might not be available anymore - don't appear to be any ACDelco's on RockAuto at least.  My experience with the aftermarket dogbones has been they wear out in about a year because the rubber bushings don't fill the entire cavity, so I can't wait to see how they're cutting corners on the lower mounts.  Thanks for any insights.

Also, ~25 years on I'm sure that GM hasn't made a engine mount in ages now. More then likely any ACDelco branded engine mount is just a reboxed Pioneer, Anchor or DEA mount.

Also transmission mount wise there is NO 284 transmission mount made by anyone, for any price, though a aftermarket 282 mount is supposed to work, so I'm told. I guess I could compare the 282 mount I have to a 284 mount.

I put a solid rubber one in my z34 nearly 10 years ago. No regrets.

White93z34, on 04 Jul 2018 - 05:40 AM, said:

Also transmission mount wise there is NO 284 transmission mount made by anyone, for any price, though a aftermarket 282 mount is supposed to work, so I'm told. I guess I could compare the 282 mount I have to a 284 mount.

I actually tried to have an original 284 mount rebuilt by a mount rebuilder.  They said it was "too new", as they only work on pre-1980's pig iron.  Then I found out that a 282 mount works fine and ordered a couple.  That one's fine (I think)...  I just wondered if anyone has done both and noticed any difference.  Obviously the hydraulic mounts cost more and GM originally installed them because they thought it made a difference, so...