Rear wheel studs 98 GP GT

98gpgt

I think the stock ones are too long, but usually replacements are shorter. I had to drill one out shortly after buying my GTP because there was a lock lugnut on it that I couldn't get off, so I popped that out and put on a replacement, but that was too short with my wheel setup, so to put another stock length one in I had to remove the hub assembly.

You should be able to get the rear ones out after you remove the brake caliper.  Just pop it out with a BFH.  Just make sure you don't mushroom the end too much or it will get hung up.  Couple nice straight shots should work. 

For reinstall I'd recommend getting this --> https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/lisle-4148/agriculture-hd-parts---accessories-19818/agricultural---construction-20126/tire-repair-20137/tire---wheel-tools-19038/2691d0530098/lisle-stud-installer/22800/4413574?q=stud+installer&pos=0

I used to install studs using one of the lugnuts and just pulling the new stud through, but sometimes it would damage the lugnut.  This tool makes sure it slips in good and straight.  Used it several time over and never had an issue.  Even worked on my buddies 99 F350.