Post pics of your DIY paintjobs!

Brodizzle83

I am thinking about repainting my $500 Grand Prix because I have the equipment to do it. I also think I am going to do a single stage black (either Summit Racing or Eastwood) because of its cost effectiveness and can look as good if not better than a bc/cc paint job. Anyway, I'm looking for pictures of W-bodies that have been DIY painted and describe what products you used.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not a Wbody. This is just rustoleum spray paint. The best advice I can give is prep work is very important. I wet sanded and buffed for hours. post-3251-0-36200000-1526171244_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nicely done on the lawn tractor. With that much work and effort you must have a name for that little unit? Nice chunk of property too is that your place?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I painted my cutlass and one tgp with rustoleum and a roller. Takes a lot of time and at least 3 coats because you have to thin in out to the consistency of milk. When dry you can wet sand and buff it to a decent shine. I read an article on “ the $50 paint job†and had to give it a go. The pics are on photobucket, so you prob couldn’t see them if I posted.

• 1 month later...