Timing belt actuator

dogginred90

Well I got the Z34 inspected today. Finally able to drive it. My son just took it out with his mom for the first time. Guy that inspected it asked if I bought it down South. I told him no, and then asked why. He never seen a car that old with no rust, especially here in lovely Pennsylvania lol.

• Like 2

He was super excited. He only has his permit right now. He wants his mom to sleep in the back while he is in school, so he can show it off all day at school lol

I found the actuator on group1autoparts.com.  I'd never used that site before, but didn't have a problem.  I ordered it Thursday and it came today.  The price was $76.53 with $8.56 shipping.  It's a genuine GM part made in Japan.  I also ordered the gates timing belt kit from amazon for $118, so I'll be changing all 3 pulleys, actuator, and belt.  Lot's of discussion on whether to change this out or not.  I'm going to, and of course keep the original just in case they become unavailable.  

post-3600-0-31174800-1490475713_thumb.jpgpost-3600-0-88732800-1490475735_thumb.jpgpost-3600-0-23508100-1490475746_thumb.jpg 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

""Hydraulic"" you could pop the little rubber cap off the back and see if anything drains out, if it does just refill with some 5-30

• Like 1

Both of the ones I bought were already prefilled, but being OCD, I checked them anyway. 

• Like 1