Failed attempt at installing leaf spring isolator pad.

snippits

I didn't look at your links until tonight.  I swear that I didn't know NAPA had those bulletins when I "invented" my tool and listed the procedure in the post that's now a "Sticky" on this site.

I didn't look at your links until tonight.  I swear that I didn't know NAPA had those bulletins when I "invented" my tool and listed the procedure in the post that's now a "Sticky" on this site.

I believe you, and my intention was not to make it sound that way.  Since I had not seen the NAPA information posted on this website or any others that I know about concerning the leaf spring insulator, I thought it would be ok to add it here.  Last time I checked the "Sticky How To's" were locked for what ever reason, so I can't add the information there.

That dang trailing arm sits there right in the way. I don't have any air impacts, so I knew it was going to be a bear to break that bolt with a 15/16 inch wrench or big breaker bar and impact socket. Well I could not budge it. The only thing that broke loose was a rib of mine that made a popping sound. Heck it might even be cracked. I am pushing 60 years old, so I just can't get her done like I use to do.

I did, in fact, tear my rib cartilage.  Doctor said it could take a month or longer to heal.  

I did, in fact, tear my rib cartilage.  Doctor said it could take a month or longer to heal.  

Ouch. Damn that sucks. Take care of yourself first, car second...