Just another PM3 thread.

jman093

I had a Prior unit that made a funny sound like that and it seemed like excess pressure bleeding off. it was more like a nasty creasing sound though. and it went away after a few hundred miles of owning it.

hopefully it's not one of those exploding ones. keep a fire extenguisher in that car.

Sounds like the pump motor is still trying to turn slowly. It's not something I've encountered before. That's a factory accumulator, so you shouldn't have to worry about it exploding off. A fire extinguisher is never a bad idea though.

Can't say I've ever heard that noise from one before. Got a mechanic's stethoscope handy to probe around it with? I would try to isolate the noise to one particular area if possible.

I had one that did that, never could figure it out and ended up changing the unit out.

My theory is that a check valve somewhere had failed and was causing pressure to goto places where it shouldn't have been.

• 3 weeks later...

If the units working it may be the solenoids disengaging when powered down. I notice mine makes a noise like solenoids engaging when first keyed up. I've never noticed anything on shutdown but never paid much attention.