Aaron, help me.

MaroonRegal

Oh god it hurts to say that.

Aaron, can you describe to me what you did to those braces under the hood. How much sanding. How many coats of primer/paint. Did you just have it powder coated? Lemme know here.

If you've already posted this crap, just point me at it. Thanks, man.

Yeah, I just cleaned them really good with throttle body cleaner, wiped them down, let them dry, and then sprayed 2 coats of red paint. They look really good too.

lol. fast answer, sent them to shane, had them powdercoated 8)

the guy hot tanked them, taking off all the black, then he powdercoated them red. it was cheap, 25$ for all 3. they will last forever so i hear, they are still looking good, but the STB has a couple scratches from the hood, the black "felt" thingy hits them. no biggy, i just wash the black marks off.

Now, I have a quick question. I know those braces are structural and are made for keeping the integrity of the front end during impacts. However, I don't have those braces on my car. When I bought my car 3 years ago it never came with them. Now, should I go out and actually purchase some used ones or continue to drive around without them?

Do what you want. If you do pick up junkyarders, you'll probably notice the less body roll while corning.

If you don't like them, pull em' off. It's not going to hurt you with them not installed.

You definitely DON'T need new ones, you should be able to find a pair no problems.

- Erik

removing your cat and or resonator makes your caqr raspy as hell on a 3.4. everone knows this, and i just had to bitch at someone and call someone stupid cuz my car wont start.

[talk like an angry black person]Ahhhh shit dawg? You frontin't at me? Fo sho, you know it be on home boy. Ill be all up in yo face, and yall be lookin at my raspy ass, when I be doin yer mudda! [/talk like an angry black person]

It came with the car, I personally think it sounds rather bitchin, a tad raspy at times, would perfer a growl, but what can ya do?

Thanks for the help. I'll put new ones one. I know all about GM dealers ripping people off with the prices they charge for new parts, so I won't be going to the dealer. Besides, I used to work at a GM dealer so I know their prices are obsurd to begin with. I'll probably slap on some junkard ones sometime soon.

Do what you want. If you do pick up junkyarders, you'll probably notice the less body roll while corning.

If you don't like them, pull em' off. It's not going to hurt you with them not installed.

You definitely DON'T need new ones, you should be able to find a pair no problems.

- Erik

Ahhhh shit dawg? You frontin't at me? Fo sho, you know it be on home boy. Ill be all up in yo face, and yall be lookin at my raspy ass, when I be doin yer mudda! [/talk like an angry black person]

meaning what?

*hazmatic* dang ole man i tell ya hwat i seed and gutlass vert n it heared raspy. i axed him, n he cut a cat. */hazmatic*

so take that!

i just have heard that removing either the cat or res will kill sound and wont help performance too much. and ya, my car sounds awesome so i am "frontin't(whatever that means) at you!!!

i have 2.5" mandrel bent with carsound cat, magnaflow staright through muffs and a magnaflow res. never raspy, just tough and quiet at idle, and loud as hell at wot.