Headlight covers for the cutlass!

95RagTopCutty

alright. i think i'm gonna start modding something up for them. if they turn out, i'll post some pics up and maybe sell them too if you guys like them.

If you do them in clear, I just might be interested.

Tom

• 4 months later...

i dont know why people are always saying the emit little light really they are the best headlights ive ever had in a car

Part of the problem I see is that most people don't aim the headlights correctly. Miniquads are very sensitive with this. I can see with my Olds just fine, they're about as good as the Cutlass composite headlights (all sedans and early model coupes).

^well in the last few month i have finally learned they do suck. because i had only ben doing city driving up untill when i posted that. then i went to drive for a drive out in the country area and realized how bad they were lol

The composites are definitely better than the miniquads. However, the miniquads aren't bad if you have the factory foglights as well.

The composites are definitely better than the miniquads. However, the miniquads aren't bad if you have the factory foglights as well.

my foglights dont do jack..i was driving down the road and flicked them off and on. and you couldnt even see the slightest difference.

my foglights dont do jack..i was driving down the road and flicked them off and on. and you couldnt even see the slightest difference.

Our foglights are a joke! But they look cool as hell. The Cutlass has a great light presentation with the running-lights, headlights, and foglights. My foglights are so opaque they merely glow. I imagine they might have a chance at working if they were new and clear. Anyone have a solution for this?

On topic: I've been tempted from time to time to do some kind of a headlight cover. Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult. I wonder if I wouldn't do them black, or red, and them velcro them so they could be removed for full use of headlights. I don't think they are terrible lights, but they don't need to be diminished either.

• 2 weeks later...

If the fogs are aimed properly, they help quite a bit. I see a noticeable difference when I turn my fogs on.

I remember reading something (probably from this board) that the older 1st gens (your blue gp, my 91 international) that have the old-style foglights are real fog/driving lights, where the 92+ are purely cosmetic foglights. This applies in both the GP and Cutlass. I know with my 94 CS, they made no difference no matter where they were aimed. The only time they did is after I had my bumper cover repaired and foglights replaced, the body shop aimed them very high (in line with the low beams) and they made no difference driving besides the fact that every car I met high beamed me when they were on. My 98 Cherokee limited has the fog/driving lights that actually use an H3 bulb in them, they make a hell of a difference. I'm still looking for a set of original foglights for my 91 Cutlass because the originals are busted.