Solid rubber motor mounts

jmoore4294

Just be careful when reinstalling them, the holes on my NAPA mount didn't totally line up perfectly. Not bad enough to not fit, but I had to be super careful when installing. When screwing in one of the bolts, I wasn't paying attention and let one of the bolts get cross threaded. What a mess! I was lucky and after a few days of trying, friend was finally able to get it to go in straight and thread correctly.

I Need A New Motor Mount BAD!. I'll Probably Do The Trans Too, Although It Is Ok. Solid Rubber Is What I'll Get Too. Any Write Ups On This Replacement?

I did a post on it somewhere. It's not really that involved. A 15 mm offset wrench will allow you to unbolt the mount from the bracket that wraps around the oil pan, though it can be painfully slow, and you may have to slowly jack the motor a little more as the nuts rise off the mount's studs, so you don't get the wrench trapped between the nuts and the oil pan.

• 2 weeks later...