Loudcut's CUTLASS Project Thread (UPDATE: Tint Pictures Yo!)

97loudcut

Finished @ 7:00p.m. and started @ 10:00a.m.:lol:

Ken has some of the pictures. Tony stopped by, we bullshitted for awhile.

All in all it was a great experience, learned ALOT

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• jeremy

i'll take your stock UIM from ya :wink:

LOL, you're turning into me.

Anyways Matt, I got this awesome gasket scraper.

I guess they didn't clip on the fuel lines and the car so the fuel line off the rail and sprayed fuel everywhere!

i'll take your stock UIM from ya :wink:

If you really want to polish or anything I can get one from parts galore for real cheap.

i was hoping it was the 3400 style from the GAGT that had 3400 on it in block lettering. Oh well time to polish it! So hows it feel in the ass dyno? What was the biggest bitch to make it all work?

i was hoping it was the 3400 style from the GAGT that had 3400 on it in block lettering. Oh well time to polish it! So hows it feel in the ass dyno? What was the biggest bitch to make it all work?

I thought they all had the 3400 on it? What did that come from?

intake had a stamp of august or september 96 on it IIRC.

some U-vans had a plan intake covered up by a plastic engine cover.

some had 3400 on the intake, but were still covered with the engine cover.

I real item worth noting. the donor intake had a threaded port for the heater core feed... but two of the ones I have pulled from 97 ventures did not(and had the 3400 on the intake, while the 'bad' 3400 total engine I bought from a 97 transport had a threaded port(and a blank intake).

my bad on the fuel lines. we worked everything back together with a flashlight, it was that bad outside.

Damn, I'm very impressed. It looks very very clean and neat. Nothing like the install into my green GP.

I'm glad it was clean, too. It matches the rest of Matt's car.

Very cool, guys. Glad to have a new 3400 intake swap club member!!

whoa, looks much cleaner. What'd you use on the manifolds? Sandblasted em?

Oh and with that manifold, at least he isn't advertising a 3400 which it isn't :lol:

I just took my car up to the quarter car wash a couple days later. I used some engine degreaser with "Orange Power" and lightly sprayed it down to clean it up.

I think the hardest part was cleaning everything. I have no patience and Ken was very thorough which meant scraping all the old dirt and gasket material off the intakes. Other than that, it was just tedious, nothing to difficult.

It's nice to see my car coming together. Slowly but surely, one day I would enjoy having the "nicest" 1 gen Cutlass.

I helped 95aquase do his 3400 intake/head swap and the butt-dyno feels great...he got right around 15-20 wheel HP more..i'll have to check his dyno sheet vs. mine.....

his plenum is PC'd gloss black as well as the front vavle cover...it looks sweet.

...he got right around 15-20 wheel HP more..i'll have to check his dyno sheet vs. mine.....

you can't compare your dyno sheet to his to gauge the whp gain....

No I did not do heads. And no, I did not gain 15-20 HP at the wheels :lol:

I don't know what I am going to do with the engine bay yet.

Ken, post the pictures you have.

I think it may be time for your exhaust to get done :wink:

Tint & Exhuast is next. I'll be able to sell you my entire old exhuast with the hi-flow cat and all!