Loudcut's CUTLASS Project Thread (UPDATE: Tint Pictures Yo!)

97loudcut

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• jeremy

Now my issue is muffler choice.

Do I cough up the $150 per muffler for some polished BORLA mufflers? Or do I save some dough, buy the Magnaflow's which I know sound decent on a 60* and be happy.

I guess I always loved the sound of Borla exhuast, but it would probably sound shitty/same as any other exhuast on a 60*

I think it may be time for your exhaust to get done :wink:

Tint & Exhuast is next. I'll be able to sell you my entire old exhuast with the hi-flow cat and all!

no shit

Now my issue is muffler choice.

Do I cough up the $150 per muffler for some polished BORLA mufflers? Or do I save some dough, buy the Magnaflow's which I know sound decent on a 60* and be happy.

I guess I always loved the sound of Borla exhuast, but it would probably sound shitty/same as any other exhuast on a 60*

I have to get home to upload. not like i do that much anyhow.

I may be very meticulous, but I still goofed and forget to lock down the fuel lines. I make sure every bolts and nut and everything are where they should be. I've see something as simple as a misplaced line rub through another underhood part due to motion over years of use. nothing like have a gas line rubbed! My parents mechanic saw my handy work on the 95 Ciera and commented that the engine looked like it had just been professionally serviced.

I think the current exhaust is fine currently. what did you say you were running?

I have "v-force" mufflers on my car, along with a cat and resonator. sounds great.

FWIW it is the complete downpipe back exhaust of Slicks old z34.

i have a 2.5 d/p hi-flow cat and a 2.5 magnaflow and dump right infront of the passanger rear tire, sounds awsome..

if your gonnna spend all the money to get a custom downpipe and your planning on havign the nicest first gen cutlass like you side, just go with borla

No offense but he already has the nicest 1st gen Cutlas, IMO. Dual would be badass. Borla would be nice but aren't they really, really loud?

does he have the nicest first gen?

borla really isnt loud at all ive had one on my car befor with a cherry bomb as a res with a cat it was loud at all

I think I am just going to go with the Magnaflow's. I just can't justify spending the extra dough on an exhuast system that is already costing me upwards of $500. Plus, I really like the sound of Magnaflows on 60*'s.

I say no resinator and some type of chambered muffler. I'm probably the only person who likes flowmasters.

I really like the way the exhaust on lets say an '89 Grand Prix with factory duals sounds. That is what I think of when i think 60 degree v6 for sound.

IMO, the resonator makes these things sound LAME

Ok, why are we calling it a first gen Cutlass? A first gen cutlass would be a 1961 F-85 We need to put these cars in their place, it is a 1st Generation on the W-body platform named a cutlass. Oh and Matt, sry to Hijak, but since you did the 3400 top swap, I think im gonna go ahead and not copy you, L67 Swap to be completed January '08

I'm probably the only person who likes flowmasters.

i used to have one on mine but i think it was too exagerated for the car it sounded stronger than it really is....

I liked Kevin's old Maroon 4 door with flowmasters on it. Those sounded nice!

Yes, it did! His car sounded pretty damn good in person. The video's he posted online did no justice.

BTW, I would really consider a resonator to quiet it down some. IMO, it helps with the low end grumble a bit, giving it a deeper effect. It's not obnoxious at normal or highway speeds, but has a nice tone when accelerating.

Ok, why are we calling it a first gen Cutlass? A first gen cutlass would be a 1961 F-85 We need to put these cars in their place, it is a 1st Generation on the W-body platform named a cutlass. Oh and Matt, sry to Hijak, but since you did the 3400 top swap, I think im gonna go ahead and not copy you, L67 Swap to be completed January '08

Meh, I am leaning towards turbo 3400