Watch out JUD im comming to get you... 100 MPH trap speed

kuntzie

Great run Jeff. :cheers: Won't be long and you will be in the 13* club. Put the auto back in and you will be there next run. :biggrin: (thats for you Kenny) :lol:

Don't think you can get actual slicks in there unles you just go straight. :sad: Nittos yes, thats what I am using. Difference is at least 2 tenths @ 60'. Better get a slipper clutch in there before you oil down the track with your rear end. :wink:

Keep on a comming, love it. hopefully I can set the bar a little lower next time out although it's getting pretty hot down here.

Again congrats.

Jud

well guys i got a new personal best today :) i gotta go through the slips but 14.35xx i believe is the lowest.... videos to come too.... ull see why it would be very easy for 13 with good tires on the front[br]Posted on: May 07, 2006, 01:12:38 AM_________________________________________________Reaction .5279

60 FT 2.0301

330 FT 6.1412

1/8 ET 9.3291

1/8 MPH 76.94

1/4 ET 14.3521

1/4 MPH 100.67

well guys i got a new personal best today :) i gotta go through the slips but 14.35xx i believe is the lowest.... videos to come too.... ull see why it would be very easy for 13 with good tires on the front[br]Posted on: May 07, 2006, 01:12:38 AM_________________________________________________Reaction .5279

60 FT 2.0301

330 FT 6.1412

1/8 ET 9.3291

1/8 MPH 76.94

1/4 ET 14.3521

1/4 MPH 100.67

Nice! Looks like you would need about a 1.8 60ft time to reach 13's, that's probably gonna take a set of drag radials.

damn i think these times will bring some merit to going with a 5speed...what tires are you running those are some nice 60s.....did you use something to keep the rear from squating??

i wonder how much your trap speed would drop with an auto on your car!? so awsome who tuned that thing??

That car is trapping really high for those times. 100mph traps usually gets you well into the 13's in these cars. The only thing I can think is maybe its the 5 speed thats giving you those traps.

With much worse 60' times, my Lumina was running 14.4's @ 95. With 100mph traps you should be doing a lot better than that.

Looking at the slip it looks like you might have some trouble getting the car into 2nd gear or something? With a worse 60', my Lumina (when it was mine) still pulled off a better 330' and 1/8 mile ET than your car. (and similar 1/8 mile speed) Then after half track you still don't pull ahead of it much (only pull ahead 1 tenth) but your trap speed is WAY higher. You gain 24.5mph in the back half, where I only did 19. My dads GTP only gains 25mph in the back half and it runs 11's.....

So, I'm guessing there is something on the low end holding you back (other than the obvious traction problems), because gaining 24.5mph in the back half just isn't right.

Congrats on the times though! Impressive.

My 3100 topend swapped LG5 car only traps 99.5 in the 1/4, so you're definately making good power.

Oh yeah....does that car still have stock injectors? If not, whats in it? If so, are they maxed? (my educated guess would tell me yes)

Shawn

Why do people say a 5-speed makes things worse? Do some of you not know how to shift at all? I understand that an auto will allow you to mat your foot to the floor like a girl and just drive in a straight line down the strip...but if you know how to shift it allows you to put more power to the ground than a power robbing auto car.

WORD!!!! i hate when people say that crap. there was a guy i used to watch at the track with his Fox body Mustang. he shift so perfect my friends and I thought it was an auto, but it turned out to be a manual with perfect shifting.

in a nutshell, F... AUTO TRANSMISSIONS unless you cant drive manual properly...in which case, install a shift kit to your auto tranny.

damn i think these times will bring some merit to going with a 5speed...what tires are you running those are some nice 60s.....did you use something to keep the rear from squating??

i wonder how much your trap speed would drop with an auto on your car!? so awsome who tuned that thing??

I have slips from when Skalor had the car. When it was an auto, it trapped 95.17mph, when he 5spd swapped it, it went 96.89mph with Skalor driving(he had blown struts at that time that at least hurt his ET's). With the 1.6 rockers and I guess some more tuning, it's trapping about 3-4mph higher now it seems.

Shawn, I think the low end has a lot to do with not building boost off the line anymore. With my weak ass auto, I ran 9.37 in the 1/8th on a 2.148 60' time. I ran mine again last november and was trapping slightly over 75mph in the 1/8th, but my speeds at the end were pretty shitty at 92mph(my track is "known" for low traps, the consensus is that everyone traps 3mph slow on the big end here. It seems to be true since my friends mustang picked up almost exactly 3mph going from the Atlanta Dragway to the Silver Dollar Raceway racing in the same type conditions & getting right at the same 60' times. Digitaloutsider's 3.4/5spd Cutty trapped 95mph at Reynolds, which is an exceptional trap for what is done to it and when comparing it to other DOHC's that have even more mods that trap lower.)

EDIT yet again: Jeff, does your car still have a stock boost controller on it now or are you using a MBC?

i was running near bald kuhomo estacas (spelling is way off but something like that) so ya i could do better... injectors are stock.. running 11.5 psi and im actually starting in 2nd gear when getting constant ~14.5... i ogt front sprins on my car from a olds 98 and birchmount in the rear (3" drop)had spare tires, sub box, amp, and a jack in the rear of the car too

Even not building boost off the line, with a T25 you should have boost by 60'. Could be wrong there, but I know it takes me a lot less than 60' to spool the turbo in my STE from like a 2mph roll. (its basically instant) It seems like as soon as you let the clutch out it should put enough load on the engine to spool the t-too small pretty quick.

But I've never driven a 5 speed LG5 car so I'm not sure exactly how it would behave.

And like I said, 24.5mph is a HUGE gain for a 14 second car.

With slicks thats a 13 second car IMO.

Gunna use the rear tires next time

DSCF1398.jpg

you can see in this pic the shitty front tires

DSCF1399.jpg[br]Posted on: May 07, 2006, 02:58:12 AM_________________________________________________also i got the stock boost controller..... i do have a MBC but its not hooked up yet, either is my new turbo (gt28rs)[br]Posted on: May 07, 2006, 03:05:09 AM_________________________________________________https://www.vplanet.ca:7443/users/kuntzie@vplanet.ca/Pictures/Composite%20(May%2007)%20001.mpg

right click and save as 20 MB movie.. im working on decreasing the quality to share more videos[br]Posted on: May 07, 2006, 03:25:05 AM_________________________________________________http://www.vplanet.ca:7080/users/kuntzie@vplanet.ca/Pictures/Mtrack.wmv

small video... u can right click and save or just watch it

Looking at my old timeslips on Matt's page, it shows a 21 mph back-half gain when I ran a 14.6 with 284. At the time it still had the stock cat(120K+) and did not have the 1.6 rockers. I'm not surprised at all with how the car is trapping as I've said in the past that it really pulls hard in 4th gear. I suspect Jeff is revving out 4th gear as it should be at about 100 mph in 4th at ~5500 rpms, and shifting to 5th really bogs it down. His times pretty much reflect what I told him the car was capable of, and I can't wait to see what she can do with the GT28RS!! I think he'll be trapping 105+ with the bigger turbine housing and more boost. :mrgreen:

well next time i got to the track im gunna switch up the tires ( or borrow some slicks) as well hook up the mauual boost controller. IM GOING TO keep the stock turbo on, and attempt a 13, i wont have any mufflers on next time i go i dont think so that will increase some flow too. then me and my buddies are gunna do a turbo swap at the track and no tuning and see what the car can do at like 8 PSI. also Skalor, just so i know what is the fuel cutoff currently set on my car?

also the first time i was at the track my car was on empty, this time about 3/4 full.. i went to the gas station after a few runs... was gunna get some 104 race fuel but the pump was broken... they said its getting fixed for next weekend

well next time i got to the track im gunna switch up the tires ( or borrow some slicks) as well hook up the mauual boost controller. IM GOING TO keep the stock turbo on, and attempt a 13, i wont have any mufflers on next time i go i dont think so that will increase some flow too. then me and my buddies are gunna do a turbo swap at the track and no tuning and see what the car can do at like 8 PSI. also Skalor, just so i know what is the fuel cutoff currently set on my car?

also the first time i was at the track my car was on empty, this time about 3/4 full.. i went to the gas station after a few runs... was gunna get some 104 race fuel but the pump was broken... they said its getting fixed for next weekend

Oh now this could be interesting. Good luck with better times :) oh and good luck with slicks and please try not to litter the track with gear oil/transmission parts :sad:

Guest TurboSedan

i wish my car would pull in 4th like that. the 284 does have more torque multiplication in 4th gear than the 282 (assuming same tire diameter of course) but i wouldn't want to have to launch in 2nd gear to get a good 60ft.