Rim width for 16in 5 spoke 96 cultass rim

Sherlock

Hello

what is the Rim width for 16in 5 spoke 96 cultass rim. i want to put some bfgoodrich 245 50 r16 kdws tires on, but they say they require a 7- 8.5in wide rim. the tire guy said they could be but on 6in wide rim but the would only wear in the middle of the tire

any info would be great

Thanks

Justin

a little off topic, I have the pace car rims on my cutlass, and one extra set. I also have a 90 Jeep Wagoneer that I've been looking for rims for. I got to thinking, why not use my pace car rims on the Jeep? They have the same bolt pattern, the pace car rims are .5" wider, and the offset is only off by .25! The offset really surprised me. I'm going to experiment with it this week at work, I have some 255 70R16 Wilderness ATs that I've been wanting to put on the Jeep, but haven't had the rims. It might look goofy, but I can't beat the price.

I have some 255 70R16 Wilderness ATs that I've been wanting to put on the Jeep, but haven't had the rims. It might look goofy, but I can't beat the price.

Arent those Firestone tires.

16x6.5...when i took my wheels of last weekend to clean the inside of them, it says it on the inside of one of the spokes.

Paul

You are correct. 16x6.5 is the stock size for the w-bodies with 16" rims. The TGP do on the other hand have the 16x8" crosslaced wheels because they needed a little more rubber under them.

RedZ