Concerns: Super Low Big $$ TGP for sale on the bay

Jeff M

Only a few hours from being out of town for a week, so one last time to RANT!!! :lol:

WE got this great W-Body Member that is offering for free a CarFax Report, and NO ONE has done it to this car :shock: ?? WTF :roll: :!: Yea yea, not proven to show all about a vehicle but so friking what :wink: , but we got nothing much at this point and it would be a good start to have this!!! If it were around for someone to see, that would be best, specially someone that knows there way around a TGP. The guy Aaron Lephart that asked a question on ebay and sound very serious, I nee to get a hold of so he can see has been said here, I know him and he knows me from long ago when we did a bit of things together, back when he was one of the very 1st to start the craze of engine swapping with W-Bodies and where he did a GTP Supercharged engine into a pristine white circa 94 3400 (gone) GTP 8) Had national coverage, hit up a ton of shows, helped a ton of people, then like all who get known for their smarts, got so buried doing everyone else's car, went underground. But he is a super great guy that I need to alert to what is thought about this low mileage TGP!

Ok, that’s it till early March :wink:

Be well to all.

Jeff M

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• Black 90 TGP

• 90_Black_TGP

• Bossman429

Just heading out the door, but, good to see its in the works, not surprised its taking some time, he must have been bombed and still is, just waiting for him to say, AHHHHH, enough :lol: Or CarFax to say, uhhhhh, you did not pay for the Dealer Version (unless he did???) so whats with this nearly 100 hundred cars you own :evil:

Later!

Jeff M

JeffM- Email sent. I don't know how to post it, so if you could.... :D

I think Jeff is going to be gone for like a week.

I think all you need to do is open your e-mail and

copy from there & paste to here. I would like to see

the report :D

Dear CARFAX customer:

Thanks for using CARFAX!

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

CARFAX Talking CarTM

The story of this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:

This coupe has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a Texas DMV in 1990.

It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.

It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.

It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.

It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 01/17/1995, was 11,900 miles.

It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.

Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found

Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®

No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)

Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations

5. RECALL CHECK

PONTIAC Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK

No Data Reported to CARFAX

Year/Make/Model: 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN

Body Style: COUPE

Engine: 3.1L V6 MFI TURBO

Fuel: GASOLINE

Driveline: FRONT WHEEL DRIVE

Manufactured in: UNITED STATES

Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Passive (automatic) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported

No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported

No Automotive Recycler Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

No Frame Damage Record Reported No Collision Repair Facility Record Reported

No Police Accident Record Reported

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981).

Date: Mileage:

09/20/1990 2,008

01/17/1995 11,900

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981) had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:

1st owner No data No data

2nd owner 07/18/2005 Texas

Types of Owners:

This 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported

No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported

No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported

No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Estimated start date of warranty: 09/20/1990

Last reading reported on 01/17/1995: 11,900 miles

Today's Date: February 25, 2006

CARFAX searched more than 4 billion records from over 7,600 sources and found 3 record(s) for this 1990 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX MCCLAREN (1G5WP14V6LF275981).

Date:

Mileage Reading:

Source:

General Comments:

09/20/1990 2,008 Texas

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Waco, TX

Title #28486041

Title or registration issued

Loan or lien reported

01/17/1995 11,900 Texas

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Woodway, TX

Title #00022200045805475

Title or registration issued

Loan or lien reported

07/18/2005 Texas

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Waco, TX

Title #16130638539110525

Title issued or updated

New owner reported

I'm the lucky high bidder on this car, picked it up on friday. Had to have plugs and wires put on befor driving home. Glad to see a forum. Hello to all! :D

were you the actual high bidder or did you get a "second chance" offer like a bunch of guys from this board did?

...anyway post up some nicer pics when you get some time

You have the lowest mileage tgp in existence I do believe. I know the 2nd place lowest guy with 17k. Unless there is someone else that has one we dont know about (not impossible I guess). Man, Texas is loaded wit TGPs.

If the high bidder took the TGP, how come several others on the

forum got "2nd chance offers" from Ebay??????

I was going to ask the same...but did not want to rattle the newbie's cage. :wink: 8)

IIRC there was a 9k mile one on ebay with cloth interior not to long ago

There's a guy here with a black one with 11K. Also, a guy on clubgp mentioned that someone bought a 500 mile TGP(red in color) from California last year and it still has very few miles on it.

I HAVE DONE AN EXTREME AMOUNT OF TRANSACTIONS ON EBAY, AND I CAN TELL YOU ALL THAT THOSE "SECOND CHANCE OFFERS" ARE PEOPLE PRETENDING TO BE THE ACTUAL SELLER, RIPPING OFF ANY UNLUCKY NON WINNERS WHO THEY ARE ABLE TO GET TO SEND THEM SOME $$$. I HAD A JIRKOFF USE THE SAME SCAM AFTER ONE OF MY AUCTIONS, AND EVEN SOMEHOW TRICKED ONE GUY INTO SENDING HIM PAYMENT TWICE... I ACTUALLY SPOKE WITH THAT VICTIM AND TURNS OUT THE SCAMMER RIPPED OFF THE WRONG GUY AS HE WAS A SUPER RICH SURGEON (HEART I BELIEVE,) AND HE PERSONALLY FUNDED THE TRACK DOWN OF THE GUY (AS THE COPS ARE LAME AND DID ABOUT NOTHING.)

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT... BE VERY VERY CAREFULL BUYING THINGS ON THE NET UNLESS YOU KNOW THE SELLER, ESPECIALLY ON EBAY AS EVEN SELLERS WITH THOUSANDS OF POSITIVE FEEDBACKS CAN BE SCAMMERS.

I bought my GTP wheels off of Ebay in a second chance offer.

I got an Email from Ebay about it, and had the second chance offer appear in "My Ebay" section of the site.

I get those "spoof" emails from Ebay look alikes all the time, it's fairly easy to ID the fake ones now.

Well we got a liar on our hands.i sent a email to the guy asking if he still has the car, got a reply, yup hes still got it.. in my email i asked him if he could do 5,050 shipped and hhe said yes in the email.

lies.jpg

:shock: Got me curious, since I dealt direcly with seller and picked up the car in Waco, Texas. Burst his bubble, tell him CSI-Level3 conatcted you in regards to the vehicle. Maybe E-Bay needs to be alerted.