Sirius

Puggsley456

Well, as silly as it may sound, you'd think living in the middle of nowhere would make things sound better. It is, after all, a satellite transmission so it's not like you should have the interferance problems that you would have with regular radio signals. Well, with the exception of tunnels and shit. Still, if ya run it through an FM modulator there will be signal loss, thus resulting in a poorer sound quality. The same as running a CD through a modulator or a tape deck interface. Just won't sound as good as the original.

Besides, I have to agree that living in the middle of nowhere would keep me from getting annoyed by people. And I need that...ALOT. :)

How do you adjust the modulator output?? Mine is a little too high IMO because my deck seems to distort the sound sometimes....I dunno
I had mine installed and haven't had the time to actually look at the modulator just yet. I'll be doing that in the next few days and see if there is some sort of adjustment that can be done. I've been told that there is so I'll post back my findings. :idea:

Guest Anonymous

I don't know why you guys have such sound quality problems... mine sounds great. Maybe its the model you have... i've got that clunky audiovox one and it sounds pretty damn good.

I don't know why you guys have such sound quality problems... mine sounds great. Maybe its the model you have... i've got that clunky audiovox one and it sounds pretty damn good.

Or maybe you dont have a very sensetive Sound Quality ear? I have tried mutiple models and both hard wired and fm modulated. And my Audio system is worth nearly as much as my car is...lol

And There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have said the exact same thing about its sound quality on this site...

http://www2.siriusbackstage.com/forum/index.php

So If you cant notice a big difference than maybe its due to a lack of propper sound reproduction of your cars audio system because in mine its mind blowingly evedent.

Man i have the sirius Xact reciever with the internal modulator to play on FM. It sounds great and believe me my system is far from inferior. So who knows. The ONLY station just sounds odd at times is RAWDOG. But thats not music and the recordings arent always the best. I mostly listen to Octane and it sounds awesome. So I for 1 have no complaints. But thats JMO

• 5 weeks later...

I guess my deck just doesn't tune the modulator in properly then....you know that staticy sound you get sometimes on AM where the high frequencyies come in staticy, but the rest like mid and lows sound fine...that's what my Sirius sounds like......hell I haven't used mine for a few weeks, it's just sitting inside my center console disconnected...wasted my money on that (one year subscription, oh well)

Glad you guys find it better

I've tried several different stations. Each one is nice and clear fora few minutes, and then that static starts happening again, so I change the station and it's good for another few minutes, then static again. There are NO stations in the area interfering (107.1mhz is what I'm at now)....the only station remotely close is 105.5mhz

Sounds like the unit has a bad FM module transmitter. See if you can buy another one, transfer everything from your current one over to the new one, and see if it works. if it works, return the old one like it was the new one. Unless you have a warenty of some sort that is..

I fixed it by buying a cheap ass Belkin Tune Cast, modding it as per the instructions posted a few days ago......much better sound quality (still shitty, but it at least isn't because of the FM modulator, sounds the same when connected to my home theatre now :D)....I'll see if this thing has any warantee, I know it comes with 12 month warantee from the factory....I'll keep the FM modulator in the car for my friend's iPod though....always good to be able to connect up many different source units.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after buying an aftermarket cd player...I was able to fine tune the sound settings a bit with the EQ.....got it to sound a little better...still not cd quality (far from it), but 100x better then with my factory deck.

• 3 weeks later...

sirius sound quality is superb. fm modulators sound as bad as fm radios... or worse in most cases cuz they only cost $20. hardwire it or don't expect anything out of it

sirius sound quality is superb. fm modulators sound as bad as fm radios... or worse in most cases cuz they only cost $20. hardwire it or don't expect anything out of it

I have it hardwired to my deck now and sounds much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear :thumbsup:[br]Posted on: March 16, 2006, 10:27:26 PM_________________________________________________Sirius receiver - $160. Sirius antenna - $50. Pick up any sirius-ready head unit, and voila... best damn sound quality you'll get unless you put 2" of dynomat around your entire car. Panasonic makes really nice sirius-ready recevers, and there's a lot of xm-ready's out there too (i know sony makes 'em, i think kenwood too, though that'd be an insult to your car)