Lightspeed Speaks about Dynos and Kevwood

Lightspeed

Did I miss something here I think I did did you not say your car is putting out 218 hp. Where is this 80hp coming from. I am removing all doubt of a dyno number because that is something that is debateable I believe I said by the calculation of trap speed not ET that day I can guarantee that Kevs car was making at least 239 hp. For my own use tho Arron what does your car weigh with you in it. Please don't say the same because their are so many variables. Basically we are quibling over about 21 hp give or take a couple. Half a mph is way faster when you are running a faster 1/4.

I told you once to get your facts straight. I do not have a quarter mile for the car that put down 218whp. I do back when it was pretty much stock, intake, exhaust, UD pulley, and a chip. 14.78 @ 92.68 at 1000ft altitude. I am guessing it was making about 180whp. 260-180=80.

Kevwood's car was making 257whp, not 239, unless I can;t read dyno graphs.

My car weighs in at what about what Kevwood's does. I didn've ANY weight reduction. I still had the full interior, full spare setup, etc.

I am not going to take this any farther then this but I was looking back through all your posts looking for your weight and found this. I an just trying to get my facts straight but they seem to keep changing on me.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29427&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=weight+weigh+lbs&start=30

With you saying this

There is no way you can calculate hp based off of a 1/4mi. Did you take into account the 6000ft altitude I ran at? The extreme shitiness of the track? My gear ratios? My EXACT drivetrain loss? My tire size? The exact track conditions at the time I ran? The exact weight of my car? The weight distribution? No way, you just plugged in the numbers.

My 14.7 was done at only 1000ft, at a great track on a great day. I then rebuilt the motor, added headers, 96 intakes, a fresh chip, a LS1 TB, and almost replicated that time 5000ft higher. They didn't hurt it.

So my point is this did you or did you not run a 1/4 with the car with all your mods because it looks like you did. Then the track is listed at 4900 not 6000 so what are the facts so I can get them straight. So what was the new time with this car at 6000ft which is now actully 4900.

I am soooo confused. Or did I read this wrong. Cause if that car ran a 14.7 at 5000 ft I am impressed.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lightspeed

• Aaron

• TGPilot

• OldSkoolGP

Top Posters In This Topic

I TOLD YOU LIKE 3 TIMES ALREADY, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT AND/OR LEARN TO READ.

Let me quote myself here, and please, READ IT AND COMPREHEND IT.

My 14.7 was done at only 1000ft, at a great track on a great day. I then rebuilt the motor, added headers, 96 intakes, a fresh chip, a LS1 TB

Do you know what then means? Do you know what "My 14.7 was done at only 1000ft" means?

To correct you and repeat myself YET AGAIN, I ran my 14.7 with intake, exhaust, UD pulley, and chip, at 1000 feet altitude. As for the altitude differences, our GPS at the track was showing at 6000ft, but I have since been told the track is at 4900. Either way, the 14.7 wasn't done there.

Do you know what I hate? When you can't even argue technics becuase you can't seem to be able to read and comprehend my posts, which are done in clear, legible, and nearly perfect grammatical English. if i tiped lik u do u could reed it right.

Third, his curve did not look like anything from a 3.4. It had gracious low end power, and it kept pulling until redline. Factory, power drops HARD after 5500rpm. I'm sorry, but P/P heads alone are not going to totally change the curve. In addition, he also had good low end torque, much more than it would have gotten factory. Now how you add a lot of low end, and high end, and totally change the curve for the motor with just heads is beyond me

Uh, Aaron, did you even bother to look at my dyno sheet? Did you even notice that my curves look a lot like his? Aside from the obvious power difference, they look pretty damn close to me! I may have a different intake, but essentially the only major mod I have is ported heads. I suppose you'll tell me my numbers are BS too, right? Or maybe they aren't because they didn't beat YOUR numbers.

You're ripping on him because he made more power and went slower than you, when I did the exact same thing to you! I beat your time with less power than you ultimately made, but I don't rub your nose in it. And let's not forget every mod you did to your car after that 14.7 run of yours made your car SLOWER!!! You even said it yourself, and I can dig up the post if need be. You ran faster 1/4 miles times with 178WHP than you did with 218WHP. And after seeing your dyno sheet, I can understand why. You screwed the air delivery up so bad on that car, it had one power spike for a few hundred RPM, and then it lost it all. And if you dynoed on a Dynojet, your numbers are most likely high as all Dynojets are, so you weren't even making the 218WHP you thought you were.

Get off your high horse. Someone made a better running 3.4 than you, and you have been beaten. Hell, if I really wanted to spite you, I'd get Ben up here, go back to the dyno and do the simple stuff I need to beat your 218WHP on tuning alone, but I've got better things to do than feed your ego.

My 14.7 was done at only 1000ft, at a great track on a great day. I then rebuilt the motor, added headers, 96 intakes, a fresh chip, a LS1 TB, and almost replicated that time 5000ft higher. They didn't hurt it.

Do you know what then means? Do you know what "My 14.7 was done at only 1000ft" means?

To correct you and repeat myself YET AGAIN, I ran my 14.7 with intake, exhaust, UD pulley, and chip, at 1000 feet altitude. As for the altitude differences, our GPS at the track was showing at 6000ft, but I have since been told the track is at 4900. Either way, the 14.7 wasn't done there.

Do you know what I hate? When you can't even argue technics becuase you can't seem to be able to read and comprehend my posts, which are done in clear, legible, and nearly perfect grammatical English. if i tiped lik u do u could reed it right.

Oh Cam reads just fine I don't type worth crap mainly because the computer I use at home is shot it is one of the few that I have that still has a working serial port. It is the same one that bounces around in cars running on the dyno and the street and has seen 190 -200 mph on various occasions and the keyboard is just a little frigged. My gramour and spelling sucks cause mainly I just don't care but I read fine. I highlighted the portion in red that you seem to keep missing. So please Aaron comment on this please because it looks to me like you did run this car with all its mods on it at 6000(4900 feet). I am trying to get my facts straight here that is why I ask the questions. I was amazed that you ran a 14.7 at 4900 feet with all the mods. Not just amazed but impressed but the FACTS seem just a little foggy here cause they are contradicting themself. One post you say you did run it then all the posts here you yell at me saying you didn't so which one of these perfect gramatical english posts is wrong

So to go one step farther I want you to tell us then how fast exactly you did run with all the mods when I quote your perfect gramatical english.

I told you once to get your facts straight. I do not have a quarter mile for the car that put down 218whp. I do back when it was pretty much stock, .

So to me it looks like you don't want anyone to know how bad your heavily modded car actually ran.

Kev and I have been 100 percent honest with everyone here. We tell the good with bad and expose ourselves to everyone mainly cause we have nothing to gain or lose. I am not selling parts or trying to sell services this car has become somewhat of a hobby but what I hate is when people try and cover up things.

Umm by the way this forum is about cars the forum for typing, spelling and gramour is over in the ladies room you will know when you are there because no one is waving their dick around.

Not so Cheefull this time

Cam

If you want this to remain open, please keep this on the topic with out the childish remarks.

So to me it looks like you don't want anyone to know how bad your heavily modded car actually ran

I know that when Tony ran the car after Aaron sold it to him he ran the 1/4 mile twice at 17.9 and his best was 15.2s.

[uh, Aaron, did you even bother to look at my dyno sheet? Did you even notice that my curves look a lot like his? Aside from the obvious power difference, they look pretty damn close to me! I may have a different intake, but essentially the only major mod I have is ported heads. I suppose you'll tell me my numbers are BS too, right? Or maybe they aren't because they didn't beat YOUR numbers.

You're ripping on him because he made more power and went slower than you, when I did the exact same thing to you! I beat your time with less power than you ultimately made, but I don't rub your nose in it. And let's not forget every mod you did to your car after that 14.7 run of yours made your car SLOWER!!! You even said it yourself, and I can dig up the post if need be. You ran faster 1/4 miles times with 178WHP than you did with 218WHP. And after seeing your dyno sheet, I can understand why. You screwed the air delivery up so bad on that car, it had one power spike for a few hundred RPM, and then it lost it all. And if you dynoed on a Dynojet, your numbers are most likely high as all Dynojets are, so you weren't even making the 218WHP you thought you were.

You are wrong here.

You beat my time with significantly MORE power. At the time I ran my 14.7, I had intake, exhaust, UD pulley, and a chip. I am guessing 180whp, maybe 190 max.

Yes, every mod I did after that made my car slower. Oh, the 4000ft gain in altitude didn't have any effect, right?

If you read, I didn't run the car that made 178 at the track. My white Z34 ran a faster time with less mods, and at MUCH better track, in better conditions, and about 4000ft lower.

As for the spikes in air dleivery, you are wron ghere again. The car's air delivery didn't spike, it was as constant as can be. My fuel delivery spiked, and that is no one's fault really. I guess Ben's, he's the one that gave the chip. Or mine, I'm the one that left the IAT sensor at home. Or the exhaust guy's, he's the one that put the O2 so far down. See my drift? The A:F was just becuz it was heavily modded and not tuned.

And his dyno sheet isn't pretty close to your's, it is much different. And yes, I studied them both closely.

My 3.4 made excellent power all the way to redline with just intake and exhaust. There was NO drop whatsoever. The dyno is possible and there IS room for improvement in the heads. Honda's also have amazing heads, but headwork still yeilds impressive gains. I do agree that something is up either with the track times or the dyno. IIRC, it was his first time at the track. To me, that casts doubt on his track times. I don't know all of the facts, so there's no way I'm going to place blame one way or the other. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a ride next time I'm in Edmonton and talk with these guys in person.

Tim

So please Aaron comment on this please because it looks to me like you did run this car with all its mods on it at 6000(4900 feet). I am trying to get my facts straight here that is why I ask the questions. I was amazed that you ran a 14.7 at 4900 feet with all the mods. Not just amazed but impressed but the FACTS seem just a little foggy here cause they are contradicting themself. One post you say you did run it then all the posts here you yell at me saying you didn't so which one of these perfect gramatical english posts is wrong

So to go one step farther I want you to tell us then how fast exactly you did run with all the mods when I quote your perfect gramatical english.

So to me it looks like you don't want anyone to know how bad your heavily modded car actually ran.

I ran the car at 4900ft with all th emods except the 96 intake and LS1 throttle body. It ran a low 15.2 @ 91 or 92. I don't choose to talk about this time, the track is terrible and the car has run faster.

You miss again. I DIDN'T RUN THE 14.7 AT 4900FT, I DID AT 1000, and it was close to stock, not heavily modded as you say.

I havn't contradicted this once, you just can't understand it.

Red Z34-stock, no 1/4mi, 178whp

White Z34-Ran 14.7 at 1000' with intake, exhaust, UD pulley and chip. Ran 15.2 at 4900' with a rebuilt motor and headers added.

I never ran the car with the 96 intakes and LS1 TB. It wasn't becuz I was afraid, why would I have run it before them? And I put it on the dyno afterwards....I didn't run it at the track becuz I wanted to sell the car, and was in the middle of selling it. Tony asked if we could go down to the track while he was here. I said no, not afraid of the results, but afraid if something broke at the track. WHy would I be afraid of numbers after adding a mod?

15.2? Shit that is what my TGP ran at 5860' with a slipping clutch!

It is funny to me how much this sounds like me and Jeff M 2 years ago! You did this...no I didn't you did this...blah blah blah! :lol:

Put a bit of evidence in these accusations...post videos of 1/4 mile runs and dyno runs or STFU both of you! :wink: 8)

My 3.4 made excellent power all the way to redline with just intake and exhaust. There was NO drop whatsoever. The dyno is possible and there IS room for improvement in the heads. Honda's also have amazing heads, but headwork still yeilds impressive gains. I do agree that something is up either with the track times or the dyno. IIRC, it was his first time at the track. To me, that casts doubt on his track times.

Tim

Your 3.4 has a slightly different intake setup than we do...hehe...

That is what I want to know. He ran a high 14 with the power that should be a mid 13, and a 60' better than any 3.4 has ever put down that I know of.

As for the spikes in air dleivery, you are wron ghere again. The car's air delivery didn't spike, it was as constant as can be. My fuel delivery spiked, and that is no one's fault really. I guess Ben's, he's the one that gave the chip. Or mine, I'm the one that left the IAT sensor at home. Or the exhaust guy's, he's the one that put the O2 so far down. See my drift? The A:F was just becuz it was heavily modded and not tuned.

And his dyno sheet isn't pretty close to your's, it is much different. And yes, I studied them both closely.

Umm A:F is not affected by your O2 at WOT. Maybe slightly with an air intake sensor but then it would be frigged the whole way.

Please answer my question how fast did this car run with all it mods when you ran it at 4900 feet.

15.2? Shit that is what my TGP ran at 5860' with a slipping clutch!

Put a bit of evidence in these accusations...post videos of 1/4 mile runs and dyno runs or STFU! :wink: 8)

You're also boosted...And as evidence shows, that makes a big difference, as I owned that TGP at 1000ft altitude, and I have the evidence to back that up.

I need the evidence? I'm not trying to prove anything I did. I know I did it, I'm trying to say there is something not right about that dyno. I hope you're not looking for evidence from me, you have more than enough. I mean Luke watched me as I ran a half second and 5mph faster than that TGP, you watched me make 218, Josh watched me make 178, and why would I lie about a 15.2 at PMI??? If you want I could get the slip, but dude, any slip from PMI is about as accurate as a lightspeed dyno.

Please answer my question how fast did this car run with all it mods when you ran it at 4900 feet.

READ

White Z34-Ran 15.2 at 4900' with a rebuilt motor and headers added

I never ran it with the 96 intake and LS1 TB. But that is with every mod it had minus the intake manis.

As for my A:F, it doesn't matter. I was trying to say it isn't a result of spikes in air, but spikes in fuel.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29427&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=weight+weigh+lbs&start=30

With you saying this

There is no way you can calculate hp based off of a 1/4mi. Did you take into account the 6000ft altitude I ran at? The extreme shitiness of the track? My gear ratios? My EXACT drivetrain loss? My tire size? The exact track conditions at the time I ran? The exact weight of my car? The weight distribution? No way, you just plugged in the numbers.

So what does the highlighted portion mean too me with my lack of english skills it means you ran your car with the headers, intake, fresh chip, tb and to quote you almost replicated that means 14.7 5000 feet higher. However my english is a little rusty so what did you mean by that statement

So what does the highlighted portion mean too me with my lack of english skills it means you ran your car with the headers, intake, fresh chip, tb and to quote you almost replicated that means 14.7 5000 feet higher. However my english is a little rusty so what did you mean by that statement

Sorry, ALMOST to me means not quite there. I almost replicated my 14.7, 15.2 is close to 14.7. My 15.2 ALMOST replicated my 14.7.

You're also boosted...And as evidence shows, that makes a big difference, as I owned that TGP at 1000ft altitude, and I have the evidence to back that up.

I mean Luke watched me as I ran a half second and 5mph faster than that TGP,

Nope...your car ran a 15.2 at near to sea-level. With your manner of reason...that is all that car is currently capable of. Just because the last driver to run down the strip was new to the Z34's drivers seat it doesn't matter. Just like you beating Luke with him knowing the car for a VERY short period of time. I can gaurantee if I was in the TGP's drivers seat when you were at 1000' you would have had your ass handed to you! Just like I did so many times with a half-assed chip when we played on the streets.

Now Aaron you and I get along for the most part. You have gotten much better over the last couple of years with your responses...but for some reason you can not accept that another motor may or may not have produced better numbers. All I would do is say...video record the dyno run and disclose all of the SAE settings the dyno is running to show those numbers. Then you can call that manufacturer and say are these numbers correct?

Now LightSpeed...we have many people over the years claiming high numbers on all platforms of the 60*v6. Typing numbers is one thing. Video proof of them is yet another. I have video proof of my TGP putting 221 HP and 320ft/lbs to the wheels...yet I ran a 15.2 so far as my best time in that car. With the calculator you posted that trap speed vs. HP # is correct for what I put down at the dyno....but I am sorry to say that the 330ft/lbs will far surpass the HP rating pulling the car down the track. I should be damn near 1 second faster at my altitude...but with a slipping drivetrain it did not happen.

Is that calculator for crank or wheel HP?

8)

Sorry, ALMOST to me means not quite there. I almost replicated my 14.7, 15.2 is close to 14.7. My 15.2 ALMOST replicated my 14.7.

WTF? You said above that three tenths is a lot. Make up your mind!

I belive I have already covered the dyno issue when I first came on here. What we are now trying to understand Aaron since you decided to come on here and take shots at me is just exactly how fast with what mods and what elevation your car actually ran.

You poke at Kev and myself comparing your supposobly almost stock car saying it was as fast as us. Yet you do all these these mods and say you have no time then in another post which I have quoted several times you say you did run it with all the mods at a higher elevation. Then you say you didn't run it with all the mods.

Then after all that with all that confusion the car you sold that has all these mods has only run a best of 15.2 so what the hey.

Do you actually have a video of this 14.7 run with your car showing everyone that you had no hidden power adders or are we all suppose to take your word for it. Did you by chance maybe pop the motor on the juice and that is why you needed a new motor. Cause so far Aaron your word is not worth much and ummm BTW after all the crap you kicked up about videos and dyno runs. I believe a video is a prerequisit of a claim now isn't it. Especially since the best run this car has now done with all your "SUPER MODS " has only ran a 15.2. If I was Tony I would be right pissed off.

3 tenths is a lot, in 60 feet.

The point I was trying to make with those posts is of my car. This isn't about my car. Let it rest, my numbers are done, they aren't the ones in the microspoce here. Stop trying to argue them, start trying to answer my original questions.

Those past posts of mine have no reason to be under acusation. WHy would you guys be trying to disprove them?

I added mods, added altitude, and came close to my original 1/4mi at a terrible track. But we already discussed this, when we discussed MY CAR, now let's discuss HIS car. My car isn't the one "on trial here," there is no reason for it.

Fine, forget EVERYTHING about my white car. Fact is, he ran a high 14 with a dyno that should be a low 13. Driver this driver that, but 1.5 seconds? And his MPH wasn't HIGh at all, it was quite normal.

You know what Aaron, you spin whatever little lie you want. In the end, what this all comes down to is somebody is making more power than you think can be made with what they've done, and you can't accept it. You want to continue to believe that you are god's gift to the 3.4 and you KNOW FOR A FACT that you can't make that kind of power with head work. But you don't know it for a fact, and you won't let it go. I don't think there's anything Kev and Cam could do to convince you you because you refuse to me convinced. You're so stubborn and egocentric you can't step outside what you think and know and grasp the idea for a second that someone found a better way.

And once again, like so many times before, YOU STARTED THIS WHOLE THING!!! You were the only one to question Kev's numbers, no one else on here or anywhere has. You are the one who keeps bringing it up anytime Kev's name is mentioned. You are the one who time and again puts down Kev for what he has done. And you won't change. That's why you got banned from 60degree. That's why you got banned from mymonte recently. That's why you've been imprisoned here 3 times and why you should be banned forever. You dont' care about the 3.4. You don't care about furthering the community. All you care about is people thinking you're the man and you know everyting and can never be dethroned. Problem is, no one does anymore. They all see you for who you are.

You should be banned for good. Then you have no excuse so say you're done with this forum and come back to bitch when it suits you.