BOV installed - pics *vids added*

Guest TurboSedan

So you drilled a hole, and then welded the flange over the hole, then the BOV just screwed into it, then u had to run a vacuum hose to the TB? if u could like, step by step, just basic, what u had to do

Guest TurboSedan
So you drilled a hole, and then welded the flange over the hole, then the BOV just screwed into it, then u had to run a vacuum hose to the TB? if u could like, step by step, just basic, what u had to do

that's pretty much it :) the vacuum hose goes to the plenum behind the throttle body - i'm using the nipple on the plenum right behind the throttle body (it was previously capped since i have a 5-speed). since you have an auto, i would do what no1kicker suggested and route it to the rear of the plenum. i used 1/4" fuel line since it is stronger than vacuum line and i also used zip ties on the ends to ensure they stay put.

• 2 weeks later...

So have you been to the track or dyno with this car yet? Or had any decent street races......its been awhile since I've read about your car lately......I've kinda lost touch on your car.

So have you been to the track or dyno with this car yet? Or had any decent street races......its been awhile since I've read about your car lately......I've kinda lost touch on your car.

In some freak sort of race he beat me by 2 cars. (30-85) :shrug:

Guest TurboSedan

i'll be at the RMCGP dyno day on the 23rd with the Cutlass 8) i have absolutely no idea what to expect. i won't be able to get to the track until next year though :(

haven't really had many races with the car yet. i raced sl3196 the other night. like he said, i put two car lengths on him from a 30mph roll-on up to about 85mph. doesn't make sense to me - he should have edged me out. i also raced a '03 Lancer EVO the other night from a 30mph roll up to about 60mph and he only put my front bumper at his rear door. that didn't make sense either - i figured he should have ran away from me no problem. it was a very short race though.

i'm really happy with the car though - it has certainly surpassed my expectations and i haven't even done any tuning yet. i'm slowly getting the bugs worked out. i should have FFP dogbones sometime this week and after that i'll be getting the stuff for EEPROM tuning. i also need to look into staged boost control as i don't have much traction at all in 2nd gear....and NONE in 1st gear. right now i'm running about 11-12psi according to the Autometer boost gauge but it still reads 2psi key-on-engine-off :? so i don't know if i'm actually pushing 9-10psi or what.