How I spent my 4th of July (56k safe)

DiscoStudd

to compress the figure 8 aux springs in the past I have used a long bolt with 2 nuts. Make sure you get a decent grade of nuts and bolt thou.

Same layout for 88-96 GP's. I'll snap some pics when I put the Grandpa struts in.

Please do - Im fixing to do mine next month and Im going back and fourth like 9 million times to do it mself or not. Car has 200k on it so what can break hell anything is possible with that amount of miles :(

Wow! Funny this thread was dug up, I'm about to take my KYB's out and put in a set of Grandpa struts before I sell the car. I completely forgot about the Figure 8's! Now I'm gonna have to find a set of them at the boneyard to put back in there!!!

As long as you're spraying the bolts from inside the trunk where they pop through, they should come out with a little persuasion.

If Im thinking of the correct part, I can give you mine off of my car. When I re-did my suspension, i didnt put them back in.

Wow! Funny this thread was dug up, I'm about to take my KYB's out and put in a set of Grandpa struts before I sell the car. I completely forgot about the Figure 8's! Now I'm gonna have to find a set of them at the boneyard to put back in there!!!

As long as you're spraying the bolts from inside the trunk where they pop through, they should come out with a little persuasion.

If Im thinking of the correct part, I can give you mine off of my car. When I re-did my suspension, i didnt put them back in.

How much are you looking to get for 'em?

How much are you looking to get for 'em?

Like $20shipped.

Like $20shipped.

I'll get back to you on that. I'm going to see if I can find a set next week at the boneyard, but if I come up empty handed, I'll get in touch with you...