Completely stumped here...

Jhobuu

well...just an update on mine...i replaced the first coil (i think its 1 & 4) anywayz...the problems still there...so, i guess now i get to put that coil on and move to the next one...i've also noticed the problem is getting worse/more noticable in the cold... :?

If that doesn't solve it then go to the junkyard and get yourself a tested ICM and two more coilpacks, save yourself some money. No need to pay upwards of $200 for this...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jhobuu

• terryk2003

• SleeperRed90TGp

• Jcrow

well...just an update on mine...i replaced the first coil (i think its 1 & 4) anywayz...the problems still there...so, i guess now i get to put that coil on and move to the next one...i've also noticed the problem is getting worse/more noticable in the cold... :?

If that doesn't solve it then go to the junkyard and get yourself a tested ICM and two more coilpacks, save yourself some money. No need to pay upwards of $200 for this...

well, what i'm doing is swapping the new coil pack around to try and find a bad coil...although, i'm not totally sure the problem is even ignition (because i have no misfires recorded on my scanner)...i'm just trying it cause some other people on here have mentioned it being a coil...so, i'm HOPING it will fix it when i hit the right one...

well, what i'm doing is swapping the new coil pack around to try and find a bad coil...although, i'm not totally sure the problem is even ignition (because i have no misfires recorded on my scanner)...i'm just trying it cause some other people on here have mentioned it being a coil...so, i'm HOPING it will fix it when i hit the right one...

Keep at it, and post here when you're done. I read through the thread this time, but maybe I missed it: Have you already replaced plugs and wires?

Keep at it, and post here when you're done. I read through the thread this time, but maybe I missed it: Have you already replaced plugs and wires?

yeah, that was actually one of the first things i did...i replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter...i've added lotz of fuel system/injector cleaner...and havent noticed a difference...FWIW: the plugs are AC DELCO platnium...the $7 each ones... :lol:

yea ive did all the same things all new coilpacks icm ecm plugs an wires its was running so rice i was putting out black smoke like an damn 18 wheeler but now its stoped smoking black an runs fine in warm weather above 50 but if i drops lower then 40 it runs like shit 5 mins after its been running an it takes it forever to warm up aleast 5-10 miles on the hwy so i still have an problem some where :shock: