Have a 4T65E Question?? Triple Edge Performance Contact Info!

bluegtp91

Per Dave @ TEP - 2009:

"For those of you who have been looking for help and tried the search feature and didnt get anywhere so started a new thread you havent recieved the answers you were looking for and I have overlooked the thread and havent been able to help out you are more than welcome to send me a Email me at Dave@Tripleedgeperformance.com as this is the best and fastest way to get ahold of me to help out.

Thanks for those who have read this,

Dave"

I have always had the ATSG books for sale and after a few recent requests and comments on the GM Hydramatic books I was able to aquire them so that is not a problem now and the GM book is for the diehard guys that want to know how it all works. Details below......

Blue ATSG 4T65E Techtran Manual $29.95 - This is a MUST have book if you are planning on any internal repair or rebuilding the transmission. It gives you lots of pictures on all of the internal parts, torque specs, diag info, dissassemble and reassemble proceedures, required tools, electrical info, the works. If you are digging into one then this book will save your hide!

Green ATSG 4T65E Update Manual $29.95 - This book covers all of the changes that occured in the 2003 and newer transmissions as well as info on the Volvo version of this transmission. This book also has a few real world repair tips of some common problems that have popped up over the years and gives diagnostic help to some lockup problems. Tapshift transmission differences are in the Volvo section as they used it first and GM started using this feature in the 04+ comp G cars

Official GM Hydramatic 4T65E Technicians Manual $49.95 - This is the Second Edition of the manual which from what I can tell between it and the original now shows 03+ parts but description and function remains the same. Print date on this book is 2004 where the First Edition was 1997. This is NOT a rebuild book and should not be purchased for this use! This is a Technicians manual and has all of the hydraulic schematics for every range, pressure specs, torque converter information, complete functionality and flow path of the geartrain. Basically a "How It Works" kind of book. A great book for true gearheads that want to know all of the functionality info!

These books are available through Triple Edge Performance so please email us at Dave@tripleedgeperformance.com for ordering info. Costs above do not include shipping.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

03/26/2022

Hello David,

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala 3.9 with the 4T65E transmission. The problem is it shifts into drive sometimes and sometimes not. The D on the shifter doesn't always show up when it wont engage. I can start out in a lower gear and then shift up in to drive and it drives out fine. When this occurs no codes have ever shown. I have done a lot of research, and everything I find suggest to replace four the solenoids in the in the valve body. What do you think I should do and should a shift kit be part of the fix?

Thank You!

Clayton 

4 hours ago, Clayton Waiters said:

03/26/2022

Hello David,

I have a 2008 Chevy Impala 3.9 with the 4T65E transmission. The problem is it shifts into drive sometimes and sometimes not. The D on the shifter doesn't always show up when it wont engage. I can start out in a lower gear and then shift up in to drive and it drives out fine. When this occurs no codes have ever shown. I have done a lot of research, and everything I find suggest to replace four the solenoids in the in the valve body. What do you think I should do and should a shift kit be part of the fix?

Thank You!

Clayton 

Hope I'm not overstepping here but a maintenance guy at work had this same issue.  It ended up being something in his floor shifter, not the transmission itself.  He had to tear apart his floor console and fixed the issue.  I can't remember what exactly but the point of me saying this...it might be the shifter and not something mechanical within the tranny.  He has this gen of Impala.  I'm assuming yours is the same.

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT | Car Dealership in Philadelphia