Wold you rather have?!?!?

W30olds

Maybe try out a used car, but something a little different? You might still get that same new feel and excitement from an old car still. If you liked that Altima, maybe see if there's a nice used Maxima that you can take for a drive. That way you could have the best of both worlds.

I know a guy who's absolutely hooked on that "new car fever". He always has 2 vehicles for himself and he swaps each of them out for something different about 2-3 times a year.

Sometime if you get bored you should make a thread for the GTO and the GP in the Members Rides section :)

I liked the Nissan Altima, but don't think I'd want to buy another one. Wife has a Maxima and while it's been a reliable car the interior sucks. Pieces are always breaking inside. Cheap interior and it's noisy as hell inside. It's a 2014 and my 1995 interior looks like new compared to the Nissan.

I've toyed with buying a GXP, or a later model GTP. Like both of those cars a lot. My neighbor has a 2007 GXP and it's super sweet. I drool everytime he stops by to talk car stuff. He drools over my LS2 powered GTO. Lol.

Years ago I had a 2000 GTP coupe and loved that car. Super fun and fast. Ex wife took it in a nasty dicorce. Always had a love for the Grand Prixs. I own a 1995 now,but had a 1996 GTP which got totaled in a wreck a few years ago. That was a super cool car also. Sadly it's a soda can somewhere now. Lol

I think I've only bought 2 new cars my entire life and I'll never do it again. The beating on the money is just too high. My Escape sold new for almost $30k (Yikes!) and I picked it up off lease with 32k miles for $17k. I've always had the terrible problem of getting tired of a car and trading it in. That process...and providing cars for my kids...I gave them each ONE...a process I question now but that's water under the bridge. In the last 10 years I've had several I probably should've hung onto but trying to settle that problem now.

I have to admire my wife. I bought her 2004 Pontiac Aztek with 55k miles and for $7800 almost 10 years ago. It has been one of the most reliable and useful vehicles ever to sit in my driveway. The looks don't matter to her as long as it goes, and it has done just that. If it died tomorrow I couldn't really complain. She is the ultimate example of no car payment is the best car payment.

• Like 2

The newest car I've bought is from 2010. Man, that thing was terrible. I had an Altima that was basically a POS and with the high interest rate, a $9000 car turned into 18k. It's only saving grace was the low miles but with a CVT and bland looks, I'm glad I was able to return it. Now I have a 2009 G6 that I owe no money on. It's an interesting drive since it's old enough to be simple but new enough to have gizmos like electric rack and pinion, OnStar, an engine cover, which sadly is also the intake, variable valve timing and remote start.

I still prefer driving my Cutlass Supreme or Cavalier convertible. They're more fun at the end of the day, despite the issues they can have. I've had the opposite experience most people have. I started out with a newish car and started going backwards. For some odd reason, mid 90's stuff finds me. I have 2 94s and a 93 and only 2 of cars have OBD2, my 96 and my 09.

• Like 1

The newest car I've bought is from 2010. Man, that thing was terrible. I had an Altima that was basically a POS and with the high interest rate, a $9000 car turned into 18k. It's only saving grace was the low miles but with a CVT and bland looks, I'm glad I was able to return it. Now I have a 2009 G6 that I owe no money on. It's an interesting drive since it's old enough to be simple but new enough to have gizmos like electric rack and pinion, OnStar, an engine cover, which sadly is also the intake, variable valve timing and remote start.

I still prefer driving my Cutlass Supreme or Cavalier convertible. They're more fun at the end of the day, despite the issues they can have. I've had the opposite experience most people have. I started out with a newish car and started going backwards. For some odd reason, mid 90's stuff finds me. I have 2 94s and a 93 and only 2 of cars have OBD2, my 96 and my 09.

I've not been that impressed with our Maxima either. Not a fan of the CVT trans either. Feels weird not feeling the shift from the automatic. Parts are really expensive for it too. It runs like a bat outta hell though. The 3.5L is a pretty stout engine. Otherwise it's a cheaply made, no frills interior aluminum can.

I'm saving some coin for a later model Grand Prix. Really want a GXP, or GTP. Looked at 2 GXPS and they're an amazing car. Haven't found any later model GTPs around me that are not shit boxes.

• Like 1

I'm saving some coin for a later model Grand Prix. Really want a GXP, or GTP. Looked at 2 GXPS and they're an amazing car. Haven't found any later model GTPs around me that are not shit boxes.

Keep in mind for the 06 and 07 years, the GT models were actually the supercharged ones, while 04 and 05 they were the GTPs, just in case you didn't know.

What made me pick a GTP over a GXP is the amount of mods that are available. As far as I know there's not a whole lot you can add to the LS4. Although to some people that's not a concern.

Keep in mind for the 06 and 07 years, the GT models were actually the supercharged ones, while 04 and 05 they were the GTPs, just in case you didn't know.

What made me pick a GTP over a GXP is the amount of mods that are available. As far as I know there's not a whole lot you can add to the LS4. Although to some people that's not a concern.

Pretty much the entire cathedral port LS market is open to the ls4, the crankshaft snout is different but you can have other LS cranks machined to fit. Intake and valley cover are different but again with ingenuity just about any intake can be made to work, ls7 card style maf can be repinned to use, ls7 tb can be used. Its gen 4 rotating assembly which is known to hold a lot of power before giving in. Of course the accessory drive/water pump are unique

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I've not been that impressed with our Maxima either. Not a fan of the CVT trans either. Feels weird not feeling the shift from the automatic. Parts are really expensive for it too. It runs like a bat outta hell though. The 3.5L is a pretty stout engine. Otherwise it's a cheaply made, no frills interior aluminum can.

The thing I hated the most about the CVT was that when you would floor it and reach a certain speed, it would just keep revving instead of "changing" gear. In order to get it to drive like a "normal" car, I had to use manual mode, which is interesting that the feature was taken out in the current generation.

It had the QR20DE, which in theory it can take boost from what I read at the nico forum but in reality, the poor engine is throttled by the CVT and the computer. It was programmed to not launch at WOT. 

The only real good thing Nissan has going for it right now is the VQ35 engine, but other than that, Nissan's cars leave a lot to be desired.

My wife gave me a choice, either I can get a new car, or, I can keep driving my 96 Cutlass and get a hair transplant.

The operation is next Friday. I will be a shaggy dog by September. :peace:

• Like 3