gabriel struts... any good?

taylerade

am having the opportunity to buy rear struts Precision Ride by Gabriel. was planning to put KYBs all around, but those Gabriels are cheaper and i figure i wouldnt need much of great struts in the rear. i'd still get KYBs for the front which it counts the most (ST lowering front springs are sitting at home in a box!).

any opinions? are those struts any good? i'd appreciate them!!

I had gabriels all around, and I did not care for them. I like my Sensatracks a lot better. My next ones will be something a bit stiffer. As to not needing good ones in the rear, I disagree. The way the rear of the car responds will affect the way the front of the car will respond. For example, I just put in the rear anti-sway bar from an FE3 car, and that made a noticable differance in the way the car handles. I say that Gabriels are good, but I think that there are better ones out there (of corse).

Taylor

Gabriels give a rather harsh ride and they are noisy. Also when they hit a series of bumps it feels like they've crapped out all of a sudden...AC Delco Reactek, Monroe Reflex and the KYB's are much better alternatives I know for sure that the AC Delco and the Monroe are self adjusting but remaining moderatley stiff under cruise, KYB's I belive are stiff through out. If you want something thats roughly in the middle, the Monroe Sensatracs are excellent. Anything less than the Sensatracs and you aren't getting alot....