Tire shine questions

dsgrntld187

Ok, I know you see the topic and you think its another topic about what tire shine to use. Well your wrong. Here's the deal: My dad owns his own janitorial business and I work for him, and this one dealership with a waxed floor puts loads of tire shine on the tires. Well the cars are Fords so they obviously don't sell quick, so the tire shine somewhat breaks down the rubber on the tread and when they move it out it chemically reacts with the wax and burns the tread marks into the floor. So my dad and I wanna know what takes tire shine off but at the same time won't ruin the floor itself. Some of the degreasers we have may be too strong and could eat the wax, so I dunno. If you have any ideas, lemme know because the only way to get the tread marks out are to completely strip and wax the floor again. Thanks,

-Spencer

Not real sure about the floors but maybe you could talk the dealer into using the applicator pads for the tire shine. That way it doesnt get all over the floor. My dad used to run a janitoral business, if I remember i'll ask him for ideas.

I in the janitor business for a short time.. however I can't think of anything that would take it off if you've got it stained into your floor. I vote for strip and wax the floor again.. lol. After all, if you guys have to do that again isn't that more $$$ in your pocket anyways?

I in the janitor business for a short time.. however I can't think of anything that would take it off if you've got it stained into your floor. I vote for strip and wax the floor again.. lol. After all, if you guys have to do that again isn't that more $$$ in your pocket anyways?

it's also more work. i'm not a cleaner, but stripping a floor and re waxing it doesn't sound very fun

Yeah but see we could just rewax it every time but the fact is that those stupid Fords sit in the showroom for 2 months with tire shine on them and then they would pull it out and ruin it again. It's a pain in the butt to wax there, thats for sure. It was a good wax this time too because we took off every coat of wax down to the tile and then put 5 or 6 coats on and it's burned through all of them basically.

Yeah but it doesn't make a difference. They still get tire shine over every other inch of tire, literally. When you looked at the tread when they rolled it out you could tell which part of the tire didn't have shine on it because the floor looked good there.

It's not from being parked there that leaves the marks, its that they have to back it out of the building. I'll take a picture of the floor tomorrow to show you what I mean.

Well what they do is they prep it in the body shop and spray it on, but when it gets to the show room it has dirt on the tires (they changed the design of the showroom where now you have to go outside to pull a car in where it used to be they could pull it in through the service area) so they put more on so that the whole tire is shiny. It's a bitch to buff off even when its not burned into the rubber/wax