Looking at getting new tires, what do you guys think?

5speedz34

I'm looking at getting some Eagle GT-HR's, their new tires for this year, but they have alot of good reviews on tirerack.com. Wondering what you guys think?

Also I got them priced out at $470 that includes the tires, mounting and balancing, and disposal, but there is a $25 mail-in-rebate. Is this a good price?

To break it down:

$99 per tire

$52 Balance, stem, and disposal

$23.76 for tax

-$25.00 for mail-in-rebate

And is it worth getting the road hazard package for $10 a tire?

And is there ne way I can get a bigger sized tire w.o messing up my speedo? Something like a 245 or a 235?

Heres the link to the tire:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+GT-HR

Thanks guys

you can get 17" rims/tires for not much more then that.......and if you are going to pay that much $ definitely spring for the extra $10 each for the hazard

I've got P235/50-16 Eagle GT HR's on my car and I love them so far. Its an excellant handling tire overall, it seems to have pretty good rain traction for a performance tire, and they don't seem to be wearing very fast despite being a 40,000 mile tire. I went from the stock 225 size to the oversized 235's and there is no noticeable differance in the speedo reading (confirmed by those roadside radar things), and the tires don't rub the fender liners at all.

I think I paid right around $490 for my set, and that included internal wheel weights as opposed to the ones mounted on the lip of the rim, so the pricing you got sounds pretty good. I'd say go for it if you can drop the money.

Oh, and for you guys suggesting he get a larger size rim diameter, those tires aren't available past a 16".

jesus, where i used to work, tire mounting, balancing, free rotation, free flat repair, road hazard and disposal were 10 bucks a piece. lol.

if im readin this right, i got my tires mounted/balanced with free flat repair, free rotation, and road hazard for the price you are paying for road hazard alone?

DAMN!!!

John

those tires aren't available past a 16".

Hey Chris, did you read this? :lol:

Ne ways thanks guys I think those are the tires that I am gonna get, but if they are cheaper through tirerack I'm gonna have my friend put them on!

One last question is 235/50 the largest size I can go for?

Having bought the 235's and not having had even a bit of clearance issues I'd say go for the 245's if you can. Its only like $5 differance per tire. I don't think the speedometer differance will be much of an issue either. The odd thing about the tires is that my 235 GT HR's are actually thinner in comparison to the old 215 Michellin X-One's I had on my Trofeo. The GT HR has a more rounded profile whereas the Michellin was more square, thus the GT's look thinner despite having a larger surface area. Go figure. If all you want is a tire that looks fat this may be the wrong tire, but if your worried about overall tire performance and over size tire bragging rights then go for it.

I'd go with the 245's, in fact you can have my 235's if you buy me the 245's.