Sport Suspension Questions

WhiteOut

So, I'm looking at replacing my suspension at all four corners and I've got a couple questions. First off I'm not going with anything exotic, i.e I will be performing the coil over swap in the rear. I would however be curious as to what I can do to firm up the suspension on my car. So I'd like to know which W had the stiffest springs, both up front and in the rear. I've seen the spring code charts for the leaf springs on W-Body.com, so I'm okay with the rear. But as far the front springs go I'm curious as to what car and what year had the stiffest springs so I can order those for my car.

As far as shocks/struts go I think I'm going to stick with Monro Sensatrac's. They seem to work well and last quite a while. I'd go with KYB's but I've not heard much more than simple hype about them which leads me to wonder about their performance in real life in comparison to Monroe's or GM OEM struts/shocks.

Your opinions please.

I would just get the Suspension Technique 95+ Lumina/Monte front lowering springs if you want a nice sport ride. Can get them at jcwhitney.com.

The KYB GR2's are comparable to the Monroe Reflex strut/shock, but MUCH cheaper. I have them on my car on all four, and love them. The Sensatracks are more for a factory soft ride. Since you're replacing the struts, I would also get new strut mounts for all four seeing as how old the car is. http://www.tirerack.com sells the KYB strut mounts.

You can also get the GM Performance Parts tubular rear trailing arms from your local GM dealer. They are for the newer W-Body's, but they will fit your car. They are MUCH stronger then the cheap factory stamp steal junk you have on right now. Part# 12498649. You'll need two of them. About $45 a peice with taxes.

there is a gmpp website he can get tubular trailing arms for about 40 even shipped. so do coil overs and kyb gr2 the monty lowering springs the tubular trailing arms a new addco rear sway bar. then you should notice a differance.

still baby the car after upgrading suspension or will will curb it like i did :oops:

Since you have the DOHC and the top-ofthe-line car, your car has the FE3 springs which means you do have the sport suspension. But heres what would be the stiffest setup.

Front

-Poly Sway Bar bushings

-KYB struts

-Lowering Springs (won't do much to stiff it up just lower it)

Rear

-KYB rear struts

-Addco sway bar (if it clears ur exhaust)

-GMPP trailering arms

* I know that there are some poly bushings for our cars, for the rear sway bar and a few other suspension parts, and I know some companies might be making some new stuff for the rear suspension.l :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. All I need now is the time to buy and install all of these things. I'll keep you posted on what I do.

The plans at this point are to get the Monroe's, with new poly bushings, and I'll probably do the control arms from GMPP as well. The rear sway bar is something I'll have to look into since everything I've read says its an absolute PITA to install.