hood loose when closed??

musthavemuzk

was under my hood just admiring things and lookin a bit....when i dhut it i noticed that it was a little loose. it might have been like this before but i had not noticed it.

when the hood is shut you can place your hand on the hood and press down and it goes down slightly and then back up.

is there any adjustment that i can do?

if so where?

thanx i advance

Monty

Does the hood sit flush, or is it raised up too high when closed? If it's too high, then perhaps the latch needs adjustment. I've never done this before, so I'm not sure if the latch can even be adjusted.

If the hood sits perfectly flush, then all you need to do is raise the bumpers. When you open the hood, you will see 2 rubber bumpers on the far outside edges of the core support. They can be rotated clockwise to lower, and counterclockwise to raise. Raise them up just a little bit and close the hood. When you have the adjustment right, you won't be able to push down on the hood anymore, but the hood should still close fairly easily.

Thanx Shawn

i am not sure if it sits flush or not. i think it does but will have to look at it to be sure.

so these bumpers are just like the ones on the trunk lid then?

i have had to adjust them on all the cars i have had since i got into car audio.

will have to add this to the to do list for the weekend

Monty

Yep, pretty much the same as in the trunklid, except the rubber bumpers are on the trunklid itself while underhood, the bumpers are on the core support and not in the hood itself.