;

Invasion1

Guest Anonymous

That switch allows the car to start when the clutch is pushed in.

If you know you're keeping the car just wire it direct and cut the switch out.

Guest TurboSedan

yup the block switch with the big yellow wires is the clutch starter kill switch. i didn't even bother wiring mine in....

and yes the other switch you are talking about is the clutch cruise cut-out switch. it needs to be wired in series with the brake pedal switch so that when either the brake or clutch pedal is depressed it will turn the cruise off (doh). it's really easy to wire it in.

Guest TurboSedan

i want to be able to start my car when i leave the tranny in neutral with the Parking Brake on but obviously not anyting the car is in Gear.... :lol:

Cheers

Dave

in that case you wouldn't want the clutch starter kill switch because it would never start unless you had the clutch pedal to the floor. you'd have to rig some switch up so the remote starter knew if it was actually in gear or not.

Not having the kill switch hooked up saved me $35. My m/c FELL OFF the firewall once, and since I didn't know what the hell was wrong (I went to shift into 2nd, and the clutch STAYED on the floor) I shifted w/o the clutch and when I came to a stop I shut the car off, shifted into 1st, then used the started to take off. Then shifted clutchlessly all the way home. :wink: Saved a tow bill.

Hell, I have 3 TGP's the E-brakes don't work PERIOD, but no, it won't keep it from running. I'm just really careful. But it only takes one night to forget, hit the autostart and run the car out the back of your garage, huh? :lol: