FLEX-A-FORM (FAF) Mono Leaf Pics.............

Gearhead43

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gearhead43

• GnatGoSplat

• dykz34

• Brian P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TurboSedan

so uh how about you send the spring to Shawn Lin and he can tell us how it works? as far as i know he does have the W-body rear leaf spring compressor/installer....

so uh how about you send the spring to Shawn Lin and he can tell us how it works? as far as i know he does have the W-body rear leaf spring compressor/installer....

Yeah, I do have the compressor/installer and I'm definitely ready to drop the rear because it's in the air.

I can't get an answer out of Flex-A-Form email about availability and pricing either.

Don't bother emailing Flex-A-Form you will never get a straight answer. I still am yet to.

whenever i want to contact them...i just call George. works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't bother emailing Flex-A-Form you will never get a straight answer. I still am yet to.

whenever i want to contact them...i just call George. works perfectly.

LOL I gues most people can't read??? That's what I've been telling others , if they want a good answer from FAF... Call George..... He is the owner of that company. Phone number is up along with the company's address on their website.... http://www.flex-a-form.com

I did get a response from George using their online form.

$300 shipped is how much they cost. :shock:

Oh well. My car looks ridiculous so I guess I'll have to drop the cash. I'll probably mail him check.

Yeah, I know I could probably reach him on the phone, but I have a phone phobia.

Yeah, I know I could probably reach him on the phone, but I have a phone phobia.

Why?, You can't hear well on the phone??... I know I cant heat on the phone well at all. I will only speak to people I know and that know my situtation well over the phone....

I can hear fine, I just get overwhelmed with anxiety when talking on the phone for some reason. Even with friends who I can chat with for hours and hours in person, over the phone our conversations are 99% uncomfortable silence.

I understand.. like not knowing what to say... Been there before..LOL

You know.. Some people that know me think I'm just STUPID... Becuase I cant hear... Til they start talking about cars and find out my line of work... Then they think I'm lying about stuff... Yea some people really are major A-holes.. But oh well.. I usually find a way to shut them up.. :lol:

Guest TurboSedan

sorry Dave, it's really my car that is totally pissing me off lately (yesterday was a bad day all around). i'm dying to know what the FAF spring looks like installed...i've been having problems with my TDC coilovers lately and i CAN'T WAIT to get rid of them!

sorry Dave, it's really my car that is totally pissing me off lately (yesterday was a bad day all around). i'm dying to know what the FAF spring looks like installed...i've been having problems with my TDC coilovers lately and i CAN'T WAIT to get rid of them!

What's wrong with them? I'm curious

Its ok.. I really want to get em on as bad as everyone else on this site wants me to..LOl.. just alot of work going on right now. And a NEW job for me too.. so .. I will do My best to get it on...

Guest TurboSedan

What's wrong with them? I'm curious

well i've had them on since fall of '01. never really had a problem with them other than the spring going 'booiooong" when i would pull into a driveway with an incline....the spring would come off the upper spring mount but the spring would always go right back into the upper mount. in the past couple weeks this has happened the spring DIDN'T go right back into the upper mount. it was 'cocked' (not seated in the upper mount correctly) and i couldn't get it to go back into the upper mount correctly without rasing the rear wheels off the ground and then lower the car slowly making sure the spring went into the upper spring mount correctly. it happened yesterday AND again TODAY! today i just decided to drive until it reseated correctly, but damn it was really loud driving over small bumps in the road....until the spring finally seated correctly. i would have raised the rear of the car and done it 'the right way' but i was in the middle of delivering a pizza and had no jack with me so i just said fuck it and kept driving until the spring finally fell into place (REALLY loud when it finally did). the strange thing is is that i've had these coilovers on the car for 60,000+ miles with no real problems but now it's happened 3 times in the past couple weeks....twice in the last 2 days!

fwiw, the spring would come unseated from the upper mount while i was doing a sharp U-turn...one of the rear springs would come unseated and then wouldn't fall back into the upper mount straight like it should. the rear suspension is REALLY LOUD until finally the springs seats correctly.

hope all that makes sense. i'll get a pic of the upper spring and upper mount next time it happens. bottom line tho - the stupid TDC upper spring mounts SUCK ASS! i know the FFP upper mount is better that the TDC upper mounts, but i really don't see how it could be better in this particular aspect....IOW i think i'd have the same problem with the FFP upper mount (i could be wrong). rear coilovers also suck for other reasons as well....ecspecially the 'lock-nut' that is supposed to keep the lower spring mount/adjuster nut locked in place on the sleeve.....i stripped both of my lock-nuts out even tho i MADE SURE not to overtighten them as per directions i recieved with my TDC kit.

as far as frame damage associated with rear coilovers on a W-body...that ISN'T a problem IMO.....my frame/upper strut towers look great even with 60,000+ miles, hard city driving, long interstate trips, no rear sway bar or STB, and i've had quite a few heavy loads in the trunk, bottomed the suspension etc....still no problems in regards to frame/strut tower damage.

btw, am i the ONLY on the forum with the TDC rear coilovers?

I can hear fine, I just get overwhelmed with anxiety when talking on the phone for some reason. Even with friends who I can chat with for hours and hours in person, over the phone our conversations are 99% uncomfortable silence.

I have the same problem. I can't stand talking on the phone either, I would much rather talk to anyone in person. Phones bother the hell out of me.

I have the same problem. I can't stand talking on the phone either, I would much rather talk to anyone in person. Phones bother the hell out of me.

Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not alone! Actually, I feel anxiety talking to strangers in general, but I feel increased anxiety if I have to talk to strangers on the phone.

Anyway... I just wrote the check for a lowering spring so stay tuned! I plan to install it as soon as I get it.

I fucking hate the phone. Just the sound of ringing is enough to send me over the edge. I have a cell, and a land line, and I turn the ringers off both rather frequently.

I fucking hate the phone. Just the sound of ringing is enough to send me over the edge. I have a cell, and a land line, and I turn the ringers off both rather frequently.
i see i'm not the only person that don't like talking to people over the phone i'll do it if i have to though :roll:

malibuolds, you ever consider tacking the spring to the upper and/or lower mount? my buddy had to do that with his cavalier after he cut his factory springs