Prices of 'vert Cutlass?

Fmr12B

Edmunds seems pointless as every car I have encountered is priced at 2x there prices :roll: Apparrently there is some cult following for a reasonable mileage well cared for Cutlass and hell I'm looking for a '95 which I hear only 2000 were produced.

Sumin about me and limited cars: See sig :D

Living in Cali is no help but I have my eyes on a '95 with 90K miles, asking $5600.

Anyone else bought a 'vert recently?

Price paid?

See one in your area, how much?

The Auto Channel website Actual Prices page might help.

This service lists actual prices paid for any makes and models of your choice. You can view average prices by make/model/year, as well as detailed information on each individual vehicle sold to determine how prices are affected. Indexing 199,842 cars sold since September 2003. Updated nightly.

For 1995 Cutlass click here - a few convertibles are listed:

http://www.theautochannel.com/N/search/auctions.html?step=list_auctions&onemakemodelyear=1&omo=378&ofromyear=1995&otoyear=1995&mk=32&mo=378&fromyear=1995&toyear=1995

if the link above doesn't work, then start with this link:

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/search/prices.html

Ebay lets you select "completed items only" when you do an advanced search. I think it only shows 2 weeks worth of sales, so that's hit or miss.

You're doing the right thing checking sales prices. Wish I'd done more research before I bought my '95 cutlass convertible in Dec. 2003: triple black, 63,000 miles, new top, good condition - $7500. Knowing what I know now, I think I should have paid around what topless94style did.

You're doing the right thing checking sales prices. Wish I'd done more research before I bought my '95 cutlass convertible in Dec. 2003: triple black, 63,000 miles, new top, good condition - $7500. Knowing what I know now, I think I should have paid around what topless94style did.

I think you got a good deal. $7500 for a '95 with 63K miles seems pretty fair 15-months back.

Triple black is a great look and a desirable car. The '95 has the upgraded interior which to me, is easily worth an extra $1000 over a '94.

Shopping around is not doing me a lot of good as eBay cars are geneally in Florida or the midwest. I keep looking for a decent mileage '95 to show up somehwere within driving distance that I can look at. No luck, abundance of '93-'94's are around though.

I'm hoping for Blk/Tan, Navy/Blk, or Red/Blk but at this point I'm ready to make offers on anything I can find within 200 miles!

Any issues with your car since you've had it?

Fmr12B

Actually I bought the car just 4 months ago, drove it a little, then parked it, so I can't give you much feedback - yet. Plan to start driving it later this month. I live in Wisconsin, so it's not like I missed out on decent top-down driving weather.

Like you, I wanted to see the car before buying it. Found mine via the web. A dealer about 60 miles away took it on a trade. They started out asking $10K - which I thought was way out of line.

Still have the links to a lot of the on-line classifieds. I put them below in case you haven't seen some of these. Saw your sig and just for the hell of it stuck in a zip code (guessed at that) for your area and about 100 mile search. Auto Trader showed just three cars, one a '95 black/red with 75k miles. I think price was $5900. Maybe it is a regional thing like you mentioned with most of the Cutlass convertibles in the Midwest and South. Don't know if there is anything on the other sites, but they are worth a shot.

Have fun looking.

http://www.autotrader.com/

http://www.autobytel.com/

http://autoweb.com/

http://www.cars.com/

http://www.carsdirect.com/

As I stated in a previous post, my bro-in-law is selling his 95 Convertible w/DOHC motor for around $3k. It has about 120K on it and needs a new top and a couple other things, but runs fantastic. If interested, PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

It's located in Eastern Pennsylvania. And its Black on Black.

It's located in Eastern Pennsylvania. And its Black on Black.

I'm on the west coast in the bay area of California. No chance on buying that car in Eastern PA 3000+ miles from home!

Saw your sig and just for the hell of it stuck in a zip code (guessed at that) for your area and about 100 mile search. Auto Trader showed just three cars, one a '95 black/red with 75k miles. I think price was $5900. Maybe it is a regional thing like you mentioned with most of the Cutlass convertibles in the Midwest and South. Don't know if there is anything on the other sites, but they are worth a shot.

Trust me when I say I look at every source and have been for the last year.

We decided we wanted a 'vert 2yrs ago after renting a V6 Stang for our annual pilgrimage to Hot August Nights in Reno. With a kid, you gotta have a back seat which left me at the Stang, Crapmaro, or Sebring in my price range of $10K or less.

I'm sure the Mustang, Camaro, and Sebring are all better values and much more easily attainable but sumin has drawn me towards a '95 Cutlass and now I want one. Only drawback is I cant do an air-ride suspension and put chrome dubs on it :roll: as the rear suspension seems pretty fixed.

There is a '95 with new motor and new trans, supposedly has a warranty on the work about two hrs drive NE. Asking $4,700, but the color is weak. [Green/Tan]. This is the ultimate luxo cruiser color not the sporting young mans car and damn it I'm still young!

I had been looking for one since September with no luck. Just about the time I was about to cave in and take the road trip to FL, I spotted one at a local dealer. Check the sig for details. Suffice it to say, it is AWESOME. 81 degrees and sunny today - perfect weather. I have seen a few in my area, but most listed on ebay are in FL. Don't give up and don't settle for a '94 or a 3.1 if you can help it. Good luck...oh, $5,500.00 for mine from a dealer.

Don't give up and don't settle for a '94 or a 3.1 if you can help it. Good luck...oh, $5,500.00 for mine from a dealer.

The one thing keeping me from getting a Mustang is the horrid interior, I have no idea what GM was thinking with there designs in the late 80's. The Pre-'95 interior is truly the worst I have ever seen.

The 3.1L wouldnt be so bad, so long as it cruises at 75mph and looks purty with the top down I'm cool.

And damn! your so close to FL and you still ended up with a low mileage '95 for under $6K. I cant do the white leather though, thats just too pimptastic for me.

I bought mine for 5k last summer. Its a fully optioned car though and it had just over 90,000 miles on it. I'll post some pics soonish to give you an idea of what I paid for though, its one hell of a clean car.

I saw another 95' go for almost 6k just the other week. It was sitting at some dinky local car lot and some idiot bought it. It was white with a white top and grey interior, plus it was only a 3.1 so it didn't have dual exhuast or the spoiler, and it wasn't in the best of shape (it had rust starting around the trunklid). Go figure. It made me feel pretty good about paying 5k for my car though.

iboght mine last fall for 1900 it is pretty much in mint condition except acouple dingers. it is white black and charcoal leather. it has 112k on with 3.4auto it is 93

Mine was an Ebay car that didn't make reserve. I spoke with the owner several times on the phone and found out he is a car enthusiast with 9 licsensed vehicles on the road.

He was the second owner of the car and all work was performed by mechanics, and he had all reciepts since new. Mechanically the car was 9 out of 10.

I made him an offer of $3000 and bought the car for $3200. It had 72K miles on it. There are a few minor scratches and door dings, but there is no rust and everything works!!!

I took a 13 hour ride on Amtrak and drover her home!!!

Shaners

Great car. I saw one like yours last year in a parking lot, and had to get a closer look to see what kind of car it was. Went home and started researching the Cutlass convertibles on the web.

Never did find a blue one like yours. I ended up with a triple black 95 convertible which I think is pretty sharp, but I still give an edge to the blue with black top and interior. I found lots of red and green, some white and black converts, but not a blue one. Guess I needed more patience.