pics of my car

patgizz

well,

right now it doesnt look like that. the front end is about 5' off the ground, the cradle, engine, and trans are out, hood is off, wheels are off, axles are out. kinda funny actually. ive got the 3.4 sittin in front of the car waiting to be bolted to the cradle, slid under, and have the car lowered back down onto it. just have to re-clock the alternator and pop it on(the one from the 3.1 is a brand new delco one - not gonna leave old one on there), swap compressors over, change a heater line and p/s line, then i can do the assembly.

please keep us informed as much as possible

if i was not so scared of the horror stories i hear of the 4.4 DOHC i would consider it.

i have tossed so many ideas around in this head of mine since i got my CS mid may.

i have thought about turbo, S/C, that 4.3 DOHC. and then just doing a build up from the inside out of a 3.1.

just not sure. since mine is running fine now. i will just wait til i know more and learn more and have more money.

Monty

i have a 1992 Z34 w/ the 3.4 DOHC, my mom had a 1990 Euro sport w/ the 3.1, the difference is tremendous...the 3.1 is same accel all way throu RPMs, the DOHC 3.4 gives more torque at around 3 grand-4 grand, you can feet the car sit back more from torque, least i can, w/ 174,000 miles and orig shocks/struts/bearings

well,

my 3.1 ran great. but the trans died at the track. plus the thing is just too slow. so i went searching for a trans and got the engine and cutlass with the tranny. but this is not good enough for me, i'm going to build a turbo setup for the 3.4 as time permits. got it mapped out in my head just have to scrounge the parts to make it work. plus a few other things to eek some more power out of it. fear though then is the trans blows again. gonna have to build one or something if the turbo time ever comes, maybe a not electronic one this time.