WOW, found a triple black convertible Cutlass!

GnatGoSplat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• Brian P

• musthavemuzk

• Lee

dont know if it will make it here still frozen, thats the only way I like snickers (and milky way for that matter) well at least refrigerated!

Im glad my girlfriend thinks of me when she ventures to sam's club...30 pack of full size bars for like $8

i agree it will prolly not make it frozen unless i can get some dry ice.

thought i would offer one up as i do share. despite what the rumors say. i do share. :)

sam's is it when it comes to alot of things.

Monty

WOW, those wheels are FUGLY!!!

It seems to be in better shape for a better price, but that IS pretty darn far! It's nice to have 2 airbags, but my wife really likes the digital dash and there's no way to get the digital dash in a 95. She likes the 94 climate control better, too, she thinks the buttons look better than knobs.

Looks very interesting though!!!

EDIT: LOL, I just asked her what she thought about it, and she said, "oh poop, I need digital"!!!

They have push button climate control for the 95-97 models Cutlasses, it does look better the the old knobs.

Ah well, it's bought & paid for! The wife just LOVES it.

It's kind of interesting, it's 1-2" lower than the 88-89 Cutty's. I never noticed that before.

I took a couple pics today, I should have turned off the flash, but due to the flash the car came out underexposed.

First thing I did when we got it home, was remove the timing belt inspection cover. The T-belt is 33mm wide. Whew! It looks to be in good shape too, I guess it won't need changed anytime soon.

IMGP0390.JPG

IMGP0391.JPG

Now I need to go through my parts catalog and order all the little things I'll need to restore it.

Cutlassdude, I'd be interested to see pics of the climate control you're talking about. Too bad even the analog dash of 95-97 is kind of cheesy anyway. Didn't it lose 2 gauges? Oil and volts? Or did it just lose 1 gauge? I think this will be a really cool 1 of a kind Cutty convertible once I get the digital gauges cluster in there... that's assuming the data stream on the ALDL is the same as 88-93... it might not be, that wouldn't be cool.

I hate to have to sell my wife's 88, but I think it has to be done. Just too many cars.

Thanks! She really loves it, but now comes the dilemma of having to let one of our Cutty's go. :( You sure you don't want another? :)

I might need a domelight that goes on the roll bar. The buttons and entire light doesn't work. I'll probably dismantle it tomorrow. The lens is cracked too, but GM Parts Direct has a new lens for $2.16 so I'm not so worried about that part.

I'd also like to get new switchplates because the paint is worn off them revealing the silver aluminum. That's weird that they went to that... the 88-89 has plastic switchplates with writing that glows at night. On this one, only the buttons glow. I'd actually rather have a 92-93 switchplate that has the lock with the LED.

That's all I can think of!

Believe me shawn, and I hope I'm not gynxing (sp?) myself when I say this, but if for some reason I have to get rid of my cutlass, or lose it some how, I'll be knocking at your door...:)

The dome light? i remember that being broken too. The switch plate was mint. Hoping to get there soon...

Cool! Thanks! See if you can nab both switchplates, I think there's some silver showing through on the passenger side one too.

It could use new steering wheel control buttons (the right side ones) too.

Oh yeah, a passenger side taillight with the lip spoiler.

Oh, and if you still have that spare or broken or whatever climate control, I could use it too. The climate control doesn't have the blue filter, so it's ugly and irritating. You can see all the unlit segments too. GM really got cheap on it. I could use the faceplate off the old one, it would look much better.

Thanks!

Shawn, please keep us informed about the digital dash project. I haven't started mine yet on the Regal. There is a second smaller plug with about 4 or 5 wires that seem to have something to do with the overdrive. The rest appears to just be pinout changes from row C to Row D.

Some names are slightly different but the only wire oddity was the anti-loc. White wire verses White/Grey wire.

We did some e-mailing about it a month or so ago. Mine's out of a 1990 GS

HAHA!! Thats funny, cause I got the 93 climate control for $5, plugged it in, it was soooo ugly but it worked nice! Doesnt the radio have the filter missing too?

Ill gladly send you the older face, however you will have to separate the lens from the rest of the casing. '93-94 climate controlls mount differently, the conv uses only 2 screws total, mounted between where ours would be (middle) so you'd still need to use the stock face. Ive seen the lens removed at a yard (looks like somebody punched it) so it can be done...

the one at the yard doesnt have the wheel nor the taillights :cry:

HAHAH! Shoulda known GM, 2 screws is cheaper than 4! :lol:

Sure, I'd like to have it. No hurry though.

The radio actually DOES have the blue filter.

Ouch, I just looked it up and it's $131 for the radio controls. Why doesn't GM just sell the plastic buttons for $10/set or something? :roll: